PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, March 16, 2007

Weird Dream. . .

I had the weirdest dream last night that GDB decided to take Adeline early since she was in season. My PRA (or CFR. I am still not used to that) flew to Utah and I met her in Salt Lake. She had all these vet tool that she brought with her like an x-ray machine, and a bunch of other stuff that she kept pulling out of her suitcase. (Reminded me of the Mary Poppins bag) She did all these tests and x-rays on her and gave Adeline her 16 mo vaccines. Then she got on the phone and was talking to someone at GDB. When she got off she said that they decided to have Adeline be a breeder and asked me to be her breeder keeper. (like that would ever happen, I live clear out in Utah) Of course I said "YES!!!!" So Barb left and when I got home I had a package from GDB. I opened it and what was inside but a little vial of frozen semen, with instructions on how to artificially inseminate her. (I used to work at a vet and did that all the time. Not my favorite task.) I looked on the vial and it was from a MBL named Stud. Then my dream fast forwarded (literally, I saw everything go by really fast) to just before Adeline had her puppies. When she had them they were full grown two year old labs. Five of them all male black labs wearing harnesses. (Yes, my poor, tiny 48 pound girl had FIVE FULL GROWN LAB BOYS WITH HARNESSES ON!!! WHAT THE HECK!!!!) I called Barb (my CFR) and told her and she said to give them names that start with the letter "S" and she was on her way to pick them up for the current class training at GDB. So I named them Snoopy, Silver, Steiner, Sven, and Spritz. Barb came to my house a few minutes later (it is funny how time has no rule in dreams) and told me about all the new people in class waiting for their dogs and which dogs were going to which people and where they were going to live and work. But, I was startled awake by a certain yellow lab who is in season and now whines to go potty at five in the morning. (but I won't name names) I was kinda curious to see where that was going. Odd! Hmmm. . .
Megan, Adeline (who would rather have puppies than adult dogs), & Mr. "S" (who is glad he didn't become a guide the day he was born)

0 comments: