PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Eight Whole Months

Fullerton has reached that eight months mark and has been here now for six months. I cannot believe how fast it has gone by. I was just thinking the other day that we have possibly been together for half the time he will be here. There is a chance he could be leaving in just six short little months. :( Anyway, NOT thinking about that yet. :) I weighed Fullerton today and he has actually lost a pound since last month, he is now 47 pounds. EEK! I am still waiting for him to reach that fifty pound mark. That's okay though, he is my small fry! Now that I am out of school we have had a lot of time on our hands (and paws) I think I tried to cram a little too much into today. . . but we had fun. So he are the adventures of Fullerton's eight month day.

I got home from work and let Fullerton out of the kennel. He settled down to chew a bone while I got on my computer to figure out what classes I am going to take next semester. I settled on Geology, Geography, Biology, Intro to Music, and Group Clarinet. I am really excited about the Clarinet class. I played Clarinet in Jr. High and High School, but I have not touched it since then and have really missed it. So, I am really excited to play again. While I was absorbed with my class hunting I didn't realize that Fullerton had squeezed himself under my bed. He used to take running leaps under my bed when he was little and then would camp out under there, but a few weeks ago he became just a little to large to fit. So when he tried his running leap under the bed, he CRASHED into the bed frame and screamed like a little girl. I felt so bad for him and he hasn't tried it since, but today he managed to crawl under again and. . . got himself stuck.
Here he is "gracefully" getting himself out from under the bed. :D


After he got out we headed to the bookstore. I discovered a new series (Rangers Apprentice) They are EXCELLENT books. I was halfway through the first one and decided I needed the rest so I bought the other four in the series. (and now I am halfway through the second one) Fullerton was a sport in the book store. I get a little. . . absorbed in there and we ended up wandering around for an hour and a half.
When we left the bookstore I went to my school to sell my textbooks. AND my school isn't buying back three of my text books, BOO HOO! I was hoping to sell them back and use the money to help with textbooks for next semester. College books are ridiculously expensive. :( After the bookstore we went back home where Fullerton had a play date with my brothers dog Moose. I practiced recall with Fullerton while he was running around with Moose and I was very impressed with how quickly he still responded. Of course I have pictures. :D

This one makes me laugh so hard. Fullerton tripped over his legs and I got a picture right when he thudded to the ground. It looks really painful, but he was totally fine. I just cant believe that I managed to click the camera right when he went down. (And I know Moose has a ball in his mouth. He seriously can't run if there isn't something in his mouth and Fullerton doesn't try to take it from him, he couldn't care less about the ball.)
This one is funny, it looks like Fullerton is dancing.
The boys. Fullerton and MooseAfter the play date Fullerton was kinda stinky so he got a bath.
I love how Fullerton's tail looks after he gets soapy.

Of course the after bath labby loops.

Fullerton wrapped in a towel, my little munchkin.
When he was mostly dry he got a good brushing from the Furminator
Why do I love the Furminator? Well, as they say "a picture is worth a thousand words."
After he was thoroughly brushed he got dinner. This is the best time of day for this labby boy.
Waiting patiently.
Then it was time for puppy class. Puppy class was a touch chaotic today. I think everyone was really hyped up over the new puppies. We also learned today that our club grandpa, Dax is leaving for formal training June 3rd. We will miss him.
Here is Journey and Peanut
Fullerton doing puppy handling with a fellow club member. :D He looks so sweet.
Here is Hannah and Dax doing puppy handling. Me and her fought over Dax, so I handled him first and then passed him off to Hannah. :) He is such a fun dog, I love Dax.
Fullerton doing puppy handling again.
And Meade chewing on Fullerton's foot. It was pretty funny. Fuller didn't try to pull away or anything, he just let Meade chew on him.
The End. We had a long, busy, non-stop day and Fullerton was pretty much sacked out after puppy class. So we headed home and now he is snoring on his dog bed.
And on a totally unrelated note. . . Juniper is doing GREAT. It has been two and a half weeks and she is thriving. She started off with four tiny little stems, but is now a very lush, and large plant.
That's about it for now. Toodles. Hope everyone has a good night.
OH, WAIT!!!!!! Sherman is graduating in ONE MONTH!!!!! YAY!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!
(was there enough exclamation points in that line. LOL)
Okay, now thats really it.

11 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Great post! Fuller might be a munchkin, but he sure is a cute one. :) I can't believe how old he has gotten already.

Carrie and Waffle said...

wow, I'm tired just reading about your day. I love the picture of him wraped up like a burrito!

Infrequent Flyers said...

What a great post! I LOVED the photo of Fullerton's wet tail--crazy!! Time is just flying by. Happy 8 months to Fullerton!

Alyssa said...

Hey Megan. Try bookbyte.com. That's usually where I sell my textbooks. They provide shipping labels, and you can either get a check from them or have them send money to a PayPal account. It does take a while, but they usually turn out to pay the most for books. I can say they pay about twice as much as my college bookstore!

Hannah and Hayden said...

Looks like Fullerton had a good 8 month B-Day. Your plant looks like it is really happy. My favorite picture is the one of Journey and Peanut licking each other.

Lisa and pups said...

WOW - lots to update about. Fullerton is so funny. That's hilarious about him crawling out from under your bed. And, Ellie got silly watching him do his labby loops.
YAY SHERM!

Madison said...

Happy 8 months!!!! I loved this post all the photos ARE adorable!

Jenny said...

I love the furminator dog brush. I just used it this morning on my long haired German shepherd. I got an entire bag of hair out. I find it kind of gross, but at the same time would rather have the hair in the bag and garbage than all over my house!

Rich, Jane, Boomer, and Daisy said...

Can Fullerton come home with us? What a cutie.

Emily and the Labradors said...

Way to go Shermy!!! And indeed, I am tired just reading about your adventures. I can't believe Fullerton is already 8 months, not can I believe he is only 47 pounds! What a cute little guy :)

Unknown said...

I think our boys may have been the twins in the litter. Body size and shape is different, but their personalities are so close!