PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Good Timing

So, I guess it was good timing for Fullerton to be gone. I have been sick for about a week and a half and I had been forcing myself to go to work and school all last week so on Friday I totally crashed! And the next day I could not peel myself out of bed. I slept for about 24 hours straight and left my room about four times. ICK!! I feel fine now, thank goodness, I hate being sick! Anywho, it was nice to be dog free so he didn't have to suffer in my room with me. :D But, I still missed my boy. Before I go on with that though, I wanted to introduce you to my new plant. I have the biggest brown thumb ever and any plant I touch dies almost instantly. Okay, not really but I have yet to keep a plant alive longer than a week. So, I went to a nursery with my mom this morning and asked the lady there for a plant that I couldn't kill. I have always wanted a little plant in my room to liven the place up a bit. So, the lady told me about a plant that is almost impossible to kill (we will see) Anyway, here is my plant. It's called a Wandering Jew and I love the colors. The pic doesn't really do it justice it is a very vibrant purple and green color, and her name is Juniper. (For those of you new to me, I name all my stuff. It is a weird thing that I have always done. :D) I got a little Sun Lamp for it, so it can have some light in my windowless room and miracle grow and it is in a cute pot that my sister made for my mom a few years ago. Wish my plant luck, I am really excited and hopefully I can keep it alive for a while. :D
Anyway, back to the dog stuff. I went to school puppyless for the first time since the semester started and got asked about a bazillion times where my puppy was. But, that's okay because I got my boy back right after school. :D He went berserk when he saw me and was so happy to be home. He ran to his soft doggie bed in my room and hasn't budged since. He must have played pretty hard because he is very tired. He got an excellent report from the puppy sitter, which made me very happy. The sitter said he was amazing and perfect. YAY! Go Fuller! Anyway, it is so nice to have my puppy in the room again. :D



9 comments:

Carrie and Waffle said...

good luck Juni! love the pic of Fullerton, I'm so jealous he takes great pictures

Lisa and pups said...

I used to have a brown thumb too - till I got a Wandering Jew! I wasn't able to kill it, so, I'm sure it will work great for you! I love the colors of those too!!!

I'm glad you are feeing better now.

YAY Fullerton for being such a good boy!

Natalie said...

Good luck with Juniper! I love the name!
Welcome home Fuller :)

Mitch and Julimae said...

Glad you feel better! I hope that the plant lives! Good luck, altough I wish I would've known you wanted a plant, I have like a mazzillion of wandering jews at my house! They are awesome little plants (but they get longer and longer)!

Glad Fullerton's back too!

Infrequent Flyers said...

What great timing--to be puppyless when you're sick! I'm glad you are feeling better and that Fullerton did such a great job at the puppy sitters. I have puppy sat but never taken Cabana to a puppy sitter yet--it will be weird to be thinking, "I wonder what Cabana is doing right now." Good luck with the plant--now we're going to want an update on the plant in a week or two!!

Alyssa said...

Megan, have you seen the self-wateringpots? It looks like a pot within a pot. The inner pot has pores for water to seep through, so all you have to do is fill the outer pot with water. I have an African violet which I've managed to keep alive for over two years now, and seriously... I forget to water the poor thing and only get to it about once a month. With the self-watering pot, there is nothing to worry about. Sure, you may find a few dead leaves every now and then, but you won't find a dead plant. LOL.

Madison said...

That was some pretty fantastic timing. Being sick with a pup is no fun, they always looks SO bored. Glad he's nice and tired and got a great report!

Tabatha said...

i too am the queen of plant killing so I especially wish you luck!!! Hang in there little plant and be strong!! ha ha

Glad Fullerton got a good report!!! Thats always a good thing!! =)

Emily and the Labradors said...

Welcome to little Juniper! She is darling! And way to go Fullerton for being such a good boy for the sitter!