PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Puppy Truck- Take Two

Well Spanky is now officially gone. But I will start with the days of Spankys extended stay. :) First on Friday was Halloween. So I had to dress him up, he is a half Angel half Devil. He didn't like it so much so I only had him wear it for a few pictures. Then later we ended up taking my friends son and a bunch of other kids trick-or-treating. We had a grand old time and then stopped at Taco Bell for dinner. Yum!! (for me, not Spanky. :)
Above: Me and Spanky (you can't really see but I have a bunch of holes in my pants with red fishnet tights under them. It looked pretty cool) Below: You can see Spankys devil side complete with Angel wings.
We stopped at the Mall for some trick-or-treating (fast easy way to get a bundle of Candy) and we ran into the Sanderson sisters (Hocus Pocus) I was just tickled pink because I am pretty much obsessed with that movie so I asked if I could get a picture. They look pretty darn convincing it made my night.
We got home pretty late but I was in the mood for Hocus Pocus after the mall so with Spanky laying across my stomach I laid on the floor and watched Hocus Pocus. :) Saturday was pretty uneventful. Me and the Spankster went to my grandmas house to watch a football game and have a chili dinner which was good. My nephew came over (sorry no pics) and he and Spanky got to hang out one last time. After that me and Spanky went home. So his last day wasn't as fun as his first last day but oh, well. I enjoyed my few extra days with him.

This morning I got up at the crack of dawn. (5:30am) and got myself and Spanky ready for the puppy truck. I fed him breakfast and remembered that I have been meaning to get a picture of him waiting for his food because when he has to wait he sucks his lips into his mouth and it is really funny looking. This morning he only sucked in one side but I got a picture anyway. So here he is sucking in his lip. :)
Then my leader picked me up at 6:30am and we were off to the puppy truck. We got there around 8am. We were the first ones there and the puppy truck drivers were nowhere in sight so we took a couple pictures while we waited. It was quite rainy and windy but they turned out okay anyway.
The drivers came out about five or ten minutes later and took me onto the truck and showed me all of the new fun stuff on the truck like the extended kennels (they said they are three inches taller and wider than the old ones so more room for the adult dogs. There is more storage space and everything it really is quite nice. Me talking to one of the drivers, Lee. You can see a couple pups behind me the one on the top is Adeline. She was the first one I saw when i got on and it just made me smile that I could meet the Adeline after my Adeline. She is a cutie! and the one on the bottom is Alonzo.
I also saw Spankys brothers Shakespeare and Salvador on there and asked if I could take a couple pictures of them then Lee offered to take them out of the kennel so I could get a few pictures. That made me so happy so here is Spanky, Shakespeare and Salvador with truck drivers Joe and Lee. I was so happy that they would do that for me.
The boys reunite, Spanky, Salvador (facing Spanky) and Shakespeare (facing away) I was surprised how similar they look to each other. Especially Shakespeare and Spanky.
Here is another picture of Shakespeare. This was taken by Emily while they were still in Colorado. THANKS EMILY!! He is a lot bigger than Spanky though, and so handsome.
Then it was time. I had stalled long enough and Spanky had to get on the truck. Here we go ready to board.
Spanky didn't make it any easier by freaking out in the truck and putting on the breaks halfway down the isle. Lee managed to get him in a kennel and then I had to say goodbye. I gave him a big kiss on the nose and told him that I love him and to be a good boy with his new family. I was able to contain my tears until I started walking away and luckily it was raining so that camouflaged them a little. :)

It felt so anti-climactic walking off the truck, there was no anxiety of a potential graduation, no excitement about seeing his name on the phase reports, nothing, just an empty feeling. No matter how many times you do it, it never gets any easier. It is so heartbreaking knowing that this could possibly be the last time I ever see my boy. Bye Spanks, I love you so much and I will miss you. Be a good boy and I know that GDB will take good care of you and find the the perfect family where you will be spoiled and loved forever.

5 comments:

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ahhh bye Spanky! I know he'll get a wonderful family that's perfect for him. :)

Natalie said...

Ahh all teary now! So sorry to hear Spanky is gone now, but hope to hear news of him going to his forever home soon. Bye Spanky..I'm so glad we got to know you even if it was just for a short time :)
Big hugs Megan and congratulations on all the hard work you've put into Spanky!

Emily said...

Good luck to Spanky, I know GDB will be able to find him the perfect home!

Princess Coral said...

Megan,

I'm sure that Spanky appreciated his last Halloween and relaxing Saturday with you! He had no idea that he would have to say bye to you the next day... Like you said, he will make a great companyon to someone who will love him.
Hope your F Boy will come quickly and fill up your heart!

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

I totally know how you feel about giving a dog back just to be CC'd. :( I think it's a lot harder without the possibility of a graduation or the excitement of Thursdays.

On the bright side, at least "F" is coming soon!