PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Puppy Class #2

Yesterday Fullerton had his second puppy class. It was at the library and our CFR was there. Fullerton was really distracted at the beginning. He would not settle down and I kept having to correct him. So. . . he landed himself in a gentle leader and man did he turn into a different dog. He immediately settled and then layed himself down for most of the meeting. He didn't seem to mind having it on. I don't think he really noticed it was there. I walked him around in it and he relieved in it and didn't bother it once. After the meeting he even walked all the way out to my car and didn't try to rub it or paw at it or anything. I was quite amazed, most of my dogs protest from the second it is on their face. :) But not Fullerton :P He is my youngest pup to have one, next to Prudy who got one at 12 weeks. :) It is so cute and TINY! Here is a picture of him showing off his new head gear. (Bright green of course, to attract as much attention as possible to thus be bombarded with thousands of questions about why I muzzle my dog. :) If you can't tell I am not looking forward to that part)
The meeting was fun though. We did some more long line work. There seems to really be an emphasis on that lately. It was fun and the dogs did great. Especially Dax our resident Golden/Lab cross. He was so funny. He would get the okay to go get a toy and then would prance around in circles showing it off the everyone. He is so goofy and entertaining to watch. The rest of the dogs did great. Fullerton didn't get to do it though. :) We also had a new family who thinks they want to raise. They were really enthusiastic and asking questions, and stuff. I hope they stick around and raise they seem like they would be really good at it. After class I talked with my CFR about his crate/diarrhea issues and she gave me some advice. (I didn't try it but Fuller was quiet again last night so I think we might be free and clear of that issue. YAY!) She didn't think that a food change would be a good idea at this point. So since he is going to the vet tomorrow for his 12 weeks shots (already?!?) she said to have the vet do a fecal test to see if there is anything else going on. So we will see where that goes tomorrow. AND, Fullerton earned himself a puppy jacket last night. I am so happy to have a jacket in the house again. It has been weird without one. (I turned Spankys in a month and a half ago) Fullerton looks so good and professional in it, unfortunately he thinks it is a fun chew toy. So we will work on that before we go out anywhere. So I have had him just wear it around the house today so he can get used to it. And there are pictures of him in his teensy little puppy coat. :P

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Ugh, possibly my least favourite question of all time- "Why does the guide dog puppy need a muzzle? Is he going to bite???" No, but I kinda wish he would bite you. Geez.

Also, Fullerton is adorable!! So cute:)

Colby, Raven, Elsa said...

Fullerton looks very handsome in his new puppy coat!

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

He looks great in it!
And the coat looks very good on him to:)

Frankie's trainer

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ahh what a handsome little man Fullerton is! His face is just precious. :) Sounds like he did well at the meeting! It made me laugh when you mentioned Dax, those crosses, such lovable goofs they are. :)

Carrie and Waffle said...

ohhh too cute for words. I like that we get to use halti's which is perfect my house of black labs. But yeah I often tell folks 'oh no that's not a muzzle, she can still bite you if she wants.' ;P

I'm sure that is not the answer GDB wants me to give. Treasure the baby coat it doesn't last long.

Erin said...

Aww he looks like he knows hes somethin special with it on!

Brittany said...

Wholy COW he is adorable!! Whenever you want to give him to me for a while, let me know!

That is great that he is starting to sleep through the night. Hopefully he keeps it up!

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Hey Megan, I was just wondering...why does Fullerton have a muzzle on? ;) That is definitely my least favorite question as well. Love the puppy coat!

Emily and the Labradors said...

It's like deja vu... same problem, same age, same CFR, same solution. My little boy earned himself a size 1 halti a few months back. I had never seen such a tiny halti! Since then he has gone through the size 2 and is now in a size 3 (his square fat face didn't work as well with the gentle leader) Aren't they a great tool though?

Fullerton looks fabulous in his coat too!

Anna said...

So cute!! I love how he already has the head collar ridge on his nose........

It's cool that you have to 'earn' your vests. We're always given ours right off the truck. But then, of course, baby puppy gets shown off a little too much :D