PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Can't think of an interesting title. . .

Fullerton had his first visit with the vet a few days ago. He got his 12 week shots and some meds for his diarrhea. He is finally back on kibble (YAY!!) and is actually gaining a little weight now that he is eating dog food. His diarrhea is gone, but we will see what happens when he is done with his meds. Hopefully it is gone for good. I have heard of raisers having diarrhea issues for months at a time. ICK!! He was a little squirmier than I had hoped while he was getting his exam (we will have to throw in an extra puppy handling session each day and work on that) but other than that he was great. (except getting his temperature where he screamed like a little girl) He will get his next round of shots next month and then he will be legal. Yippy! But, unfortunately he will be going to the puppy sitters the next day as I am going out of town for Christmas. *tear* this will be my first Christmas without a puppy since I started raising. But, he will have a great time at the sitters and they are so excited to have him. :)

Here is Fuller in the car headed to the vet.
And on the exam table.
Then my nephew came over and spent the night. He had a grand old time playing with Fullerton. (That is the remote to my i-home he is using as a phone. He is so funny, anything that is flattish and has buttons can be used as a phone)
And, Fullerton got some new head gear. He grew out of the Gentle Leader really fast. (I am glad his head grew he was looking a little unporportioned with his big body and tiny head. His legs have grown too, he is quite tall now) I swear it fit him one day and I woke up the next and I could not fit his nose in it anymore. So he now has a Halti. (I like Haltis better anyway, don't know why I have never like the GL) So here is Fullers new equipment. The strap that goes from the nose and clips on the collar is a little long though, when he walks he gets his foot caught in it. It is pretty funny, but sad at the same time.
Well, thats about it from here. :)

7 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Fullerton has grown so much already! There's something about his face that is just SO adorable. He actually reminds me of Rodney, a dog raised in my club.

Sarah and Romeo said...

Oh he looks too cute!! And his head looks adorable too:) big and all ;)

Alyssa said...

ROFL! He screamed like a girl, huh? Sounds like my... little girl... She hates having her nails clipped, and if whoever is clipping them accidentally cuts a bit too close, out comes the drama queen. And she doesn't stop until the clipping session is over.

Madison said...

Sound like a fun time! How his tummy stays "happy"!

Lisa and pups said...

WOW - he really is growing lots. I laughed when you said he screamed like a girl getting his temp. Ellie screamed too and I told her it was a good thing she was a girl if she was going to scream like that!

He's so handsome. So impressed with how well he does in his halti!

thepuppyraiser said...

Whew, glad the diarrhea seems to be over. He is definitely growing! How much did he weigh at his 12 week visit?

Emily and the Labradors said...

He continues to be the cutest little guy ever! I like the haltis better too, except on Angel who the GL fit better on...

I really hope he stays healthy and keeps growing! I am one of those raisers who has dealt with diarrhea issues for months and months and it is definitely not fun. Nothing like trying to housebreak a puppy with diarrhea in the middle of a high school ;) Crossing fingers!