PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, July 23, 2007

Big Day

Since it is a Utah State holiday tomorrow (and also my b-day) I have today and tomorrow off of work! I decided to walk Sherman around my school campus since I am starting there again in a few weeks. He was great. He was checking things out as we went. He loved the water fall and was interested in the statues of people they have all around. He did his "pet me" dance in front of one of them. It was so funny, he got frustrated when it didn't pet him and we were on our way again. We went around all the offices, cafeteria, classrooms, library, and bookstore. I was very proud of him, he even ignored a piece of smooshed up bread on the ground (a first!) He looked at it and started leaning toward it and then when we got right up to it he stopped and looked and me and then kept walking. I was so very proud, he is starting to make more and more choices by himself and I know he will do great while we are both attending college. I know he will do wonderful with the added crouds and noises and teachers and rolling backpacks and all the above. I can't wait to start school again. (Is that wierd?) Here he is by our school mascot (the Wolverine. . . even though it looks like an evil weird looking bear or something.) This is the statue outside of the student center. Sherman is also growing like a weed. I took him the the vet to get an "official" weight on him and he is a whopping 40.3 pounds. (kinda pathetic I know, can you say mini-lab. . . lol) He is now almost as tall as Prudy, but he has a real long, tall and slender build.

6 comments:

Emily and the Labradors said...

How nice to get your birthday off! What will Sherman (and you) be studying in the fall? All my puppies learn chemistry, but my first puppy also got a degree in psychology with her first raiser!

Lisa and pups said...

YAY YAY YAY for the leaving the food. Love the pic in front of the Wolverine. You're right - looks like a bear thing. Sounds like he did great on campus! Can't wait to hear more.

Kasey and Blitz said...

Wow, he is kind of small. I know what you mean about GROWING though! Lol. Blitz (At four months) is thirty-eight pounds.

Megan and Orleans said...

We will be studying accounting! I am really exited! Good job on the chemistry, that is totally beyond me. I flunked out (well not exactly I got a D but it may as well been an F)of chemistry in high school, and I have been putting that class off forever in college. I just need to get it done and over with though. :) Now I know who to call when I get totally lost *wink* lol

Wow, Blitz almost has Sherman beat and he is a good 2 months younger. *hear that Sherman, grow man. . . GROW!!* ha ha He only has 5 more pounds until he is as big as Adeline. As long as he ends up being bigger than her I will be happy. :)

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

Aww YEY! I know how you feel about going back to school! I only really like going back to school because of all exposers for my pup. Well not really. But its good for them too. What a good boy for leaving the food and Happy Belated Birthday!!

Megan and Orleans said...

Thanks! I know what you mean. For years I have been going to school because it is good for the pups, but now that I have chosen a major I actually have a reason to go. :) I am exited and I know Sherman will do great!