PitaPata Dog tickers

Saturday, April 21, 2007

ABSOLUTELY DEVISTATED!!!!!

I got word yesterday that Adeline was career changed. I am so terribly dissapointed. She was such a good dog. Here is her training report:

SUMMARY: Adeline is a sweet, calm dog. Overall, she adjusted well to thekennel environment, and interacted well with her roommate and others incommunity run. She requires average handling for control. During her short stay in formal training, Adeline had several reactions toward a few men andhas been generally uncomfortable around numerous men. With each incident,she remained untrusting of each man following socialization. Food was used in these situations and Adeline was willing to take the food, however thisdid not change her overall demeanor. Adeline's CFR reports notes an earlysensitivity to men with beards, as well as uneasiness around cigarette smoke/smoky environments. Our observations and her CFR history hasultimately led to Adeline's release from our program.RELEASE REASON(S): 21101 - BEH: Fearful Behavior People Generalized

I know I can't keep her, (which is soooo heartbreaking) and if GDB can't find another job for her considering this issue then I may place her with a friend of Lindsey B.'s. I can't even think right now so I am done with this post. I will keep you updated on my sweet girl, who I miss emensly.

Megan, Sherman, & Adeline (waiting placment at GDB)

6 comments:

Ally and Eclipse said...

I'm really sorry Megan! I wish I could tell you that I know how it feels, but I don't. I have a sense, but I won't know what it's like until it happens to me. I hope she comes back to Utah for you, even if it's not specifically to you. I hope you get to give your girl another hug! Give Sherman a hug from me and focus on his training, you'll be okay. And hopefully your little man will make a fine guide dog someday!

Jake and Joanna said...

Oh megan I'm SOOO sorry!!! Having a dog CC'd really, really sucks. :( Give Sherman a lot of love if you can. So sorry!!! All my doggies at home send you lots of licks!

Anonymous said...

Megan, I am so sorry that you are going through this. Keep your head up!! And keep us posted.

Sarah said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I know how tough it is to get that news, especially after all the work you put into Adeline. I can speak from experience...whoever gets Adeline is going to absolutely adore her. Keep us posted!

Kisses from the I's!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

I am so so sorry. That is really too bad. Hope you find somewhere for her to be placed, or that she can find a job elsewhere. Focus on Sherman. And give him lots of hugs.

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

Aww! I am sorry to hear the news. I know how much it hurts to have a dog career changed. Know you did a wonderful job with her and that her forever family will be thrilled.