PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Never in a Million Years

I never in a million years thought I would be raising this puppy, but when I heard they were doing a puppy lottery for who would raise him I eagerly entered my name. Several weeks later I got the call that my name had been drawn and he would be mine for the next year. I couldn't be happier with him, he is a wonderful puppy! He is pretty mellow and sleeps a lot, but every once in a while will do some really uncoordinated puppy scoots that I find hilarious. He slept from 11pm until 5am the first night without a single peep (besides some pretty loud snoring). I really appreciate his ability to hold it and sleep all night. The second night he unfortunately, found his lungs but the barking only lasted about ten minutes before he settled down and slept from 11pm until 4:30am. I took him out and he went #1 and #2 and then went back to sleep until 8:45am. Then last night he slept from 12am until 8:30am. I think this is the most sleep I've gotten with a puppy, I love it!

On Friday we went over to my grandmas house so she could meet him, he also met my aunt, uncle and 6 of my cousins. He did really well with all of the attention and being passed around. On Saturday I took him to meet one of my friends and she is completely in love with him. (Not surprising though, how could you not love him?) Here are some pictures of our first couple days together.

Snickers' favorite activity. . . sleeping. He looks stinkin' cute while he does it too.
Snickers sleeping on his back next to his puppy keys.
Snickers also loves leaves. Here he is standing in the grass with a leaf in his mouth. Silly puppy!

A close up of Snickers' face with red and green leafed trees behind him.
He is a mommas boy and always likes to be close. Here he is pushing his way over to me in the car. He is standing with his little body squished between the seat and center console so he is closer to me.
He finally laid down in the car. He always sits or stands so I was pretty proud of him. He looks so tiny on the floorboard of my car.
Here he is on one of our walks. After each meal he goes out potty and then I take him on a short walk up two houses and back. He seems to enjoy these walks as he has a big grin on his face.
Here he is laying on his dog bed with both feet up on his gough-nut and licking the center hole.
He really likes to sleep in the small space between the kennel and dog bed. I love that his nose is all squished in this picture.
I love that he is generally quiet in his kennel, and doesn't seem to mind being in there.
He loves to play tug and will tug for a bit and then roll over onto his back so you can tug him around.
Playing tug on his back.
Snickers sticking his tongue out at me.
It took him about a millisecond to figure out the dogs water bottle, he is now obsessed and will do these little spins anytime I touch it.
Here are a couple videos. The first is him playing tug, I love his little head shake. The second is his little labby loops, it is just 10 times funnier when little puppies do it.

10 comments:

Beth and Alfie said...

Off to a good start it sounds like...SO cute!

Raiser Erin said...

OMG!!!!! He's so stinking cute! You're soooooo lucky! If you find yourself in the CA valley within the next month PLEASE look me up so I can dote upon the little guy.

Lisa and pups said...

I love that close of pic of his face with the trees in the background - you should submit that for the calendar. He's so precious - glad you won the lottery!

MK said...

He is so stinkin' adorable! I love the smushy puppy face pic and that closeup of him with the trees behind him is beautiful. Take lots of pictures (and share them!) while he's still little! :-)

Sarah and the Pack. said...

I LOVE that last video. He is sooo funny!!!

1000 Goldens said...

I'm in love...

Brittany said...

I am in love! I am very glad you got him so that we can all watch him grow up.

Does GDB know you blog? If you let them know they would probably do a post about him on their blog and you would have a TON more readers.

I love the one with just his face and the trees. He is going to be one handsome guy. I can't wait to see him in person!

Lauren said...

He sounds like a great puppy! That video is great with the puppy labby loops- he looks like such a happy dog!

Those green eyes and puppy wrinkles are killing me :) Sooo cute.

Elijah said...

What a CUTIE!!!

Martha G said...

If I didn't think my puppy was the cutest puppy ever, I would say Snickers was. I didn't know there was a lottery - I'm glad you won. Where is the female chocolate?