PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Finally Some Chocolate I like

Those who know me well know my hatred for chocolate. People often tell me I am very strange because I don't like it, but I have a good reason. . .my first guide dog Prudy got into 3 of my sisters Halloween candy and ate it all, they decided it wasn't important enough to tell me. Needless to say that was a VERY messy night involving my room being plastered in a not so pleasant substance. To this day the smell of chocolate makes me very nauseous. I can still eat the occasional brownie if it's moist and Peanut M&M's are my favorite but other than that there really isn't much in the chocolate category that I can eat on a regular basis. Why am I telling you this? Well, I am sure by now you've figured it out. ;) Today I received some chocolate that I will never get sick of!!

The Puppy Truck Story

This morning I woke up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning because I couldn't force myself sleep any longer and figured I'd just get ready. After I got ready I still had several hours to kill before I could actually leave. I sat on my bed and twiddled my thumbs for a while, tried to read a book but got to antsy, and then played on my computer for a while. Finally it was time to go. I picked up a couple other raisers and headed off. We met a few more raisers at Subway and got some lunch and then staked out at the hotel that the puppy truck stops at. We ate and chatted for a long time (we were super early so we sat there for about an hour and a half) while more and more raisers started showing up. Then the puppy truck started pulling in. Everyone quickly ran over and gathered around the door anxiously waiting for all the adorable puppies to come off.
Here is a side view of the puppy truck. It has a picture of six little puppies on the side.
There were nine puppies that came off the truck and of course mine was last so I got more and more anxious as I watched each adorable puppy come off the truck. My club got three new puppies today. The first of the three to come off went to the most awesome lady ever. She is a first time raiser and her enthusiasm is so contagious. She was so excited to get her puppy! I love the huge smile on her face in this pictures as Female Yellow Lab Antigua (An-tea-gwa) was handed to her. Antigua is a Forte/Dale puppy so she is my Fullertons niece. I am so excited to have her in the group! Little Antigua is in good hands with her new raiser.
The 2nd puppy for our group came off next. He is his raisers 2nd puppy and is an adorable Male Black lab named Clyde. I love his name and his sweet face. His raiser is going to have so much fun with him.
Finally after watching 8 other puppies come off the truck my name was called. I stepped forward to meet my little fuzzball and was handed Male Chocolate Lab. . . SNICKERS!! He is just over eight weeks old and is a Forte/Arizona puppy. Which means he is also Fullertons nephew. That made me super happy! He is the cutest little puppy ever and I am already so in love with him. He is a rather special puppy as he and one sister are the only chocolate labs in GDB's program right now. GDB hasn't had any chocolate puppies in about 16 years. I am honored for the opportunity to raise this unique little guy!
Here he is coming off the truck and being handed to me. It looks like I am about to take a bite out of my chocolaty morsel but I was just saying "Hi" to him. ;)
Me with a huge grin on my face holding Snickers.
The three new puppies in our group. It was fun because our club got one of each color lab today. Me with Snickers, Antigua and her raiser and Clyde with his raiser.
Me giving Snickers a kiss on the cheek.
He has the most amazing eyes ever! They are a bright green and contrast so well with his brown fur. He also has the stinkin' cutest face ever. I love his liver colored nose too.
I didn't get to hold him much at the truck, which was okay. Everyone wanted a chance to hold the little chocolate boy so he got passed around quite a bit. He has quite a fan club forming already. :) He did get a chance to meet Paris and already loves her. Paris was really nice and gentle with him, she is going to teach him a lot over the next year.
Paris and Snickers giving each other a good sniff.
Amanda with Kyle let me borrow Kyle's jacket to show what Snickers has to grow into. I love this picture of me holding Snickers in front of the truck with Snickers wearing Kyle's jacket. He looks so tiny in it.
Snickers sitting in the grass wearing the huge jacket. It had slid all the way down his back because he wasn't big enough for it.
Snickers got to sit in laps on the way home until I had dropped everyone off then the last little bit of the drive was just me and Snickers. He quickly made himself comfy by laying down on my seat and resting his head on my bag. Silly puppy! Unfortunately, I had to move him onto the floor but he was okay with that too.
He didn't lay down, he sat on the floorboards with his head rested on the seat and then he fell asleep that way. It was adorable.
Snickers sitting in the grass at his new home.
Of course I had to give him a bath to make him fresh after his long puppy truck journey.
He was so good during his bath and didn't seem to mind it at all. And now he smells good and is so clean.
I am absolutely in love with this super mellow little guy. He will happily collapse wherever I place him and is so content chewing on his tiny little bone. Right now he is curled up in a tiny ball sleeping, although he looks a little silly on the massive puffy green dog bed. I am so excited to see what adventures Snickers and I have over the next 14-ish months. He is a stellar puppy!

There was a tie in my name game and so I decided to draw names for the winner. Congrats to Emily & The Labradors who guessed his sex, color and name. Send me an e-mail and let me know what prize you want. ;)

22 comments:

Raiser Erin said...

YAY! The Name didn't change from what I knew it to be! I loved the name and was hoping that for some reason it wasn't changed! I can't wait to see what his adventures are like. :) Just so excited for you!!!! :)

My Adventure said...

Hey is soooo cute! He looks so tiny and his eyes are amazing! Congrats on your new puppy and I can't wait to see how he turns out :)

Amanda said...

I love your little boy! He really is a sweetheart. He was so calm as he took in the chaos of the day. I cannot wait to watch him grow up.

The picture of Snickers sitting in the car with his head on the seat is adorable!

Rebecca, Ely and Joe said...

Oh my goodness, he is ADORABLE!!!!! I love his name! Have fun with the little guy! Sounds like he is going to be an awesome pup to raise!

Coreena said...

Welcome Snickers! He is sooo cute! How incredible that you are one of two out of HUNDREDS of raisers who get the pleasure to raise a chocolate! Talk about the ultimate Exotic! Can't wait to watch your adventures together!

Martha G said...

He's beautiful! Congratulations!

Katlynn and Ryder said...

Congrats on your new puppy!!! What an honor to raise a chocolate lab! They are SUPER rare! I am sure you an Snickers will have a great memory filled 14ish months together! Can't wait for more pictures and updates on the little cutie :)

Brittany said...

He is so adorable! Hopefully I can meet him sometime!

Love the name too!

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Awww! Little Snickers is enjoying his nice big costco bed : ) Looks like he bette grow nice and big to fill it all up! Congrats again on getting your awesome, amazing, and oh-so cute puppy. You TOTALLY deserved him!

Shelly :) said...

Soo I have to ask how how you got so luck to end up with one of the chocolates? :) He is SUCH an adorable little guy! I can't wait to hear and see more of him.

Congrats and welcome Snickers! :)

Lauren said...

HE IS SOOOO ADORABLE!!! Congratulations on your chocolate puppy- you totally deserved that special dog! I just love the name, it is perfect. I'm so glad that I get to follow Snicker's progress as a puppy in training.

Looking forward to reading more about Snickers!

Reddunappy said...

OH!!! Cant wait to watch these chocolate beautys grow up!

At one point before my Meghan got her first pup Luxor, she was told she may get a black and white, Luxor is all black, I dont know what ever happened with the black and white?

Katrin said...

You got one of the chocolates!!??! Ohhh how CUTE!!! I adore BrownDogs!! can't wait to read and watch him grow up on the blog!

Emily and Joel said...

He is so stinkin' cute!! That's so cool that there's only two chocolates on program and you got one. Have fun with him and I look forward to watching him grow!

L^2 said...

Congratulations! When I read about the 2 chocolate pups on GDBs blog recently, I was really hoping someone who blogs would get one, so we could all follow their progress.


Also, enjoy his awesome green eyes while you can. They will turn yellow-amber colored before you know it.

Maddie, Betsy, Jorinda, and Petuina said...

He is so adorable!!! :) I love him already! I am so happy someone I know gets to raise him. I wanted to enter to raise him so bad, but I didn't think that would be fair to Jorinda! Good luck with him :)

Ally and Eclipse said...

Congrats! He's so cute and I love his eyes! Him and Paris will be great friends and Paris will be an amazing mentor! Have fun with the four dogs for a few months, I hope to be in a similar boat soon ;-) Congrats on your little snickers, I'm sure he hits the spot perfectly! :-D

Beth and Alfie said...

Snickers, you're adorable!! You're going to have tons of fun with that little guy. :) Alfie would just like to say (as a fellow chocolate guide dog), that chocolate is awesome! I wonder if Snickers' eyes will stay that color -- I'm very curious -- Alfie's eyes were quite a bright green when we got him but changed to a sort of golden brown/topaz color (which I like too!) I'm sure Snickers is just going to be terrific...looking forward to hearing more about him. :)

Heather and Kelly said...

He's adorable! I never would have guess that you would get one of the new chocolates, I read about them on GDB's blog and noticed that Forte was the dad. :)

Lisa and pups said...

WOW - congrats on getting one of the chocolates! That's pretty cool!!! He's so adorable! Love all your pictures!

Career Changed Provo said...

Snickers is so cute. What a great name too for a rare lil chocolate baby. I am excited to watch him grow up, I'm sure the two of you will have some wonderful adventures.

Carrie and Waffle said...

wow- can't believe I sort of know someoe who got a chocolate! I tried to see them at funday but they were a little to young to come out and now I get to see him grow up! That is so cool. He is so freakin' adorable. Post more pictures.Congrats on the new puppy