PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Been a While

Wow, it's been over a week (almost two in fact) since my last post. I hardly ever go that long between posts and it feels strange. Anyway, we haven't had a lot going on but here is our last two weeks. :D

Paris continues to get used to things here. She is coming out of her shell more and showing more and more of her fun and spunky personality. She is super aware of everything and is super curious about everything. She is such a good girl.

Fullerton is amazing. On Monday (the 28th) I took my little sister to her back to school carnival. Of course one of the pups had to come with me. I chose Fuller as Paris was still so new and I didn't know how she act with all the little kids and chaos that is a school carnival. Fuller did great. He had masses of kids running up to pet him. He was a little distracted by the dunking tank (which is what he is looking at in this pic, the teacher got dunked just as I was taking the picture)
He also liked the bowling with a remote control car game. We stood there and watched for a while. He was very interested in the little race car and kept cocking his head from side to side.
Also, that morning was Paris's first day of school with me. She was a little wound up and very excitable and didn't settle well in class. But she is getting there. (She has gone with me many times since then and is doing so much better! I am very proud of how quick she adjusted to my school expectations) She also rode the shuttle bus that I ride every day from the free parking lot to my school building. She was perfect and hopped right on and sat between my legs nice and still until our stop. Here she is waiting to cross our busy street. :D

Here is Paris under the table in my classroom.
I also started a new job last Wednesday. I am working at a doggie day care and boarding place. It's a really fun job and I am enjoying it so far. I fell in love with this dog instantly, her name is Bella and she is a four month old Pit Bull. She is the sweetest dog ever! You can probably tell in the picture that she is blind. It is so cute how she kicks her legs up really high when she is walking to see if anything is in front of her. She is really good at following your voice too and made friends with Sunshine (a two month old yellow lab) they both curl up together all the time it is really cute.
Anyway, Paris had her second puppy class on Wednesday, and she was fantastic. Fuller on the other hand was really embarrassing and naughty!! I was so upset by his behavior (and shocked, he has never acted like that) I passed him off to one of our new raisers when she got there. He whined and cried and jumped on the couch and coffee table. Oy vey, I was really embarrassed!! Hopefully he is better at our next class as it will be his last one.

Well, these two have gotten pretty good at walking together. I don't do it often but have practiced a bit just for walking to puppy class. But, they are both really good at it.
At puppy class waiting for the rest of the group to come. I can usually get one dog to look or the other, it is impossible to get both of their attention at once.
I found out this morning that the puppy truck date has changed. So now instead of three weeks left with my boy, I now have one week and five days. *tear* I can't believe it! This year has gone by so fast. So, now it is crunch time to get all those last minute outings and hugs and fun stuff done before he goes. (I should also get started on his project record, sheesh!) Today after school I took Fullerton to the Mall. None of the stores were open as it was still pretty early so we walked around and then I took a bunch of pictures of him on the kids play place. I think I am going to bring Paris next week too, I think it would be a good outing for her. :D

Fuller in a T-rex mouth.
In the ribs
Inside the tree house.

The dinosaurs tail.
This one took a bit to accomplish. :D
This really cool fountain. The water makes the ball spin, its really cool. Fuller wasn't so sure of it but after I let him investigate it all was good.
And this was taken about two seconds ago. The dogs were being really quiet so I turned around and this is what I saw.
These pups are so awesome!! Guess that's about it. :D

3 comments:

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Looks like you are having a fun time with Paris and Fuller! The year HAS gone by really fast, and I know I am going to be sad to see them go.

I hope Paris is not being too much of a handful at school!!!

As far as puppy meetings go...Isn't it funny how they can be so good most of the time, and then throw a fit right when you need them to be their best?!

See you at the truck in just a week and a half.

Ro said...

Thanks for posting! I just love reading about the puppies since I'm in training to receive my first guide dog. I especially liked your description of Bella, how she walks, so cool! I almost adopted a blind kitten but decided 3 other cats might be a bit much for her. I like your description of pictures too, that makes it more enjoyable for me =D

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks for writing. I think puppy raisers are one of the most important parts of these dogs' training, and thank you so much for doing what you do!

Lauren, Spike and Clyde said...

Oh my gosh!! 1 week and 5 days?! That's so soon. :(

It looks like Fuller had a good time at the mall. I just might do the same thing with Spike..