PitaPata Dog tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Puppy Truck Day (well Training Van Day, I guess. . . If you want to get technical)

Recall day came WAY to fast. How did this happen?? I swear I just picked up my little man. Anyway, I didn't sleep much the night before (went to be at 1:30am and got up at 4:30am) Fuller wasn't too happy about waking up at the pre-crack of dawn. As you can tell by the below picture.
I got all ready and fed the puppies and then they both got loaded in the car at about 5:30am.

Paris in the back seat of the car.
Fullerton in the front seat of the car.
The pups were really quiet and slept most of the trip. We met up with Sarah and Millicent about half way and we drove the rest of the way with them. It was so nice to have someone to talk to. Making the trip by yourself to the truck and back home is depressing. It was really fun to talk to her and it gave her a chance to spend time with Paris as well. Paris totally remembered her and got so excited!! After the long trip (it took nearly 2 hours total) we arrived at the puppy truck/training van.

Here is a picture me and Fullerton posing with Forte and his raiser.
Me and Fullerton
Forte preparing to get in the van.
Me and Fuller outside the van.
Everyone was putting off loading their dogs in the van. We all chatted and took pictures and then stood there. Then we all knew it was just about time and started getting our pups ready. Me and Fuller inside the van.
I was able to control my emotions until a little girl had to load her puppy on, she totally lost it and I think she got a bunch more people going. Me included. No matter how many times you do it, it does not get any easier. This is my 7th goodbye and it still sucks. One lady there was dropping off her 18th puppy and someone asked her if it gets easier and through tears she said "no."

Here is Fullerton in his kennel. I was happy he got one of the big ones, when Sherman left in a van he got a tiny corner kennel. Fuller should have a nice ride. There was a well loved bone in there so he couldn't be happier.
Fuller in his kennel with the door closed.
Fullers brother Forte had the kennel next to him. That should make them happier as they know each other pretty well.
My last peek at Fuller. He got really concerned when I started walking away. This was one tough farewell.
I already miss my boy immensely. He will do great though! He should be on campus by n0w, and showing everyone just how awesome he is. Thanks for a great year Fuller!

4 comments:

Ro said...

I'm in tears reading this. Again I am just so amazed by you and the puppy raisers. The service you provide...for someone like me...I just can't say thank you enough.

I look forward to reading about Fuller at college, and i just bet he does fantastic. Bitter sweet, for sure.

Hugs,

R

Hannah and Hayden said...

Oh Fuller. I am going to miss that boy probably as much as you do. It's funny that I get attached to all the other club puppies other then just mine. Good luck to him in training.

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier said...

Now you really did make me cry! :( That last picture... it reminded me of the look on Frankie face when I had to tell him goodbye... You're right, it does suck. Every time. But life goes on and the puppies we all raise go on to save lives, whether or not they end up working. Have fun at colege, Fuller, and show them what a great guy you are!

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Ah man, and I thought I wasn't going to cry anymore. It was so nice to ride up with you though: made it a little easier not having to make that drive back alone. I know Fullerton will make you proud, either as a breeder or as a guide. Who knows, maybe someday there will be Fuller/Millie babies!