PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, December 12, 2008

It's been a good day. . .

Today was long and dull and well it pretty much sucked. I was constantly contradicted at work and I got hit by a car in the parking lot!! I mean, look in your rear view mirror people!! Anyway, all my frustration and anger just went away when I got home and opened my e-mail and had two messages that instantly put a smile on my face. One was titled Sherman, and the other Spanky!!!

The one from Sherman said:

Hi Megan,
Sherman continues to live with potential partner and work on consistency. He is doing well.

I am glad that he is still doing well. He has been with his "potential" partner for a little over a month now so hopefully he is "official" soon!

The best news though is that Spanky has a home!!! I am so happy that he was placed before the holidays so that he can spend them with his new family! Here is the message I got from his new mom: (and yes, she already contacted me, I am already loving this match)

Dear Megan,

Thank you for raising Spanky to be such a great dog. In the short week he
has been with us, we have all fallen madly in love with him. Your
description of him was very accurate. He is sweet and loving, smart and
goofy. He is also beautiful.

I have the year off from my teaching job, so Spanky and I have a lot of
bonding time. I take him for daily walks in a wooded area and he has had a
few play dates with other dogs. He is wonderful on the leash except when he
is tempted by other dogs, then he needs a bit of reminding. After school,
where he charms everyone, my fifth grade daughter ___ practices retrieving
a ball in the park with him. He is a quick learner.


We look forward to taking him to the beach to swim and to building many
family memories together. Spanky is a dear and has brought lots of joy and
laughter into our lives.


Thanks and best wishes for the holidays.
I am so happy for him. It sounds like just the right place for him, and I am sure he is loving it! Here is a pictures she sent me too. :D


I guess it wasn't such a bad day after all. :D

12 comments:

Natalie said...

Sorry to hear about your day at work (I'd be seriously pissed if I got hit by a freaking car), but YAY! So happy to hear Spanky has a new home and Sherman is with contiuning to work well with his partner. :) Woohoo!

Lisa and pups said...

Aw - what a great way to finish off a not so great start to the day. YAY go Sherman... so proud! And, yay Spanky way to woo the ladies! :)

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

That's great that Spanky found a home! It sounds like a great match. SO cool that she is already contacting you.

Yay, Sherm! :D

Emily said...

Ahh, what a great day!! An update on both of your S boys :) That's great about Spanky, it sounds like it was a great match. And continued good luck to Sherman.

Emily and the Labradors said...

Wow!!! that was a good day! Good news about Sherman, but GREAT news about Spanky! I already love his new family too!!!

Hobbes Dogs said...

Sounds like a great day! (the second half of it at least)

What nice news about Sherman and Spanky.

Career Changed Provo said...

That is great you got to hear about your boys. Sounds like Spanky is in a great home. Its good to hear Sherman is continuing to do well also.

MK said...

Congrats on both Sherman and Spanky! Fingers crossed that Sherman is permanent soon and Spanky looks so cute in the pic in his new home! Yay for your 'S' boys!
PS-Hope you're okay from the accident!

Erin said...

How cool Too updates at once!!!!! How awesome is that!!!!

Becky Andrews said...

So glad your day turned out better. That must be such a relief to know Spanky is in a good home and Sherman is working well. I don't know how you guys do it!!

Carrie and Waffle said...

what a great christmas present! both your boys going on to do you proud. glad that makes up for a terrible day.

Alonzo Pup said...

Sherman says "hi"

Fanning and I ran into Sherman and his partner out shopping today. She says to tell you she LOVES him and is waiting for the match to become "official".

Karen and Fanning