PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

"Fullerton, down" ~ Sigh

Okay so Fullerton is totally rebelling the down command. (It's okay, no worries, he is still young and we have a LONG time to work out the kinks) I know he knows it, he just doesn't like it. He does this thing where he pushes himself back and then kicks up his front feet before he goes down (I can just imagine the cogs going in his head, "I was laying down because. . . I had. . . an itch, ya that's right, an itch" ha ha) or he waits a second and then does this "I will down because I want to, NOT because you told me so." Or he gives himself an excuse to down on his own (like after I say it he will "pretend" to see something on the floor that interests him and then will down. It is goofy and kinda funny. You just have to see it. :)

Well, we are getting there. :)
Have I mentioned that I love this puppy. He is kinda a mix of Prudy and Spanky with a dash of Tahoma and a sprinkle of Sherman. ha ha! He's great! :)

9 comments:

Emily said...

That is SO funny!! He is adorable though :) I'm sure he'll figure it out soon!

Lisa and pups said...

ha ha ha ha - that totally made my day. He is a punk! That's hilarious! I've never seen a pup do that before. Ellie just stares at me like "You want me to do WHAT?"

Thanks for sharing!

Brittany said...

Oh gosh, he is so funny! It is obvious he knows what you mean, he just has to make a statement getting there! Keep up the good work, Hobbs didn't learn down for 6 months!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Haha those videos are hilarious! What a silly puppy. :)

Carrie and Waffle said...

he is so cute, it dosen't matter! but don't let him know that! I'd like to see the 'well I had to look under the bed' down mixed with the 'I think I have to scratch' down. Let's just hope he dosen't learn how to talk back, like a certain fbl, who just turned a year old, that I know.

Emily and the Labradors said...

I was laughing out loud! He is so adorable and I think doing really well with the command for such a young puppy!

Erin said...

awwwww!! That is way cute!!

My pups always have a hard time with the "down" as its such a submissive position! But never had they been so goofy about it!!

Thanks for posting these vids;

Princess Coral said...

Fullerton is so cute!
Don't think it's fare to conpare my crackhead with a guide dog puppy, but Banzai has no idea what DOWN mean at 1 & a half...
BTW, when I was watching the video of Fullerton, Coran was sitting by me, and went down with your command! Megan, you'd make a great instructor! Have you thought about that?

Princess Coral said...

Megan,

I think your foot is in the door already as you are a puppy raiser. Maybe you can contact GDB and ask how you can start to be an instructor. I'll see if I can find out something from a friend of mine who works for another school. She's not an instructor, but she knows a lot of them.