PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Prudy's b-day and got some news :) :) :)

Today would be Prudy's sixth b-day. So right after work I took Sherman up in the mountains to do Prudys favorite thing, hike. We had a good time, got a little lost but it was fun to be alone for a bit. We sat down on the top of the mountain (well, not quite the top but close enough) and reminisced about all the good times we had with Prudy. I miss that girl so much and wish she was here to celebrate with us. I think Sherman understood that because he put his head in my lap and momentarily left his manliness behind to cuddle with his momma up on the mountain for a while. It was nice to have a cuddle with my little buddy since he really isn't very cuddly.



I also got the mid-may news!!!! You all ready?!?!

Sherman is going to be a big brother!! That's right in just a few weeks I will be picking up my next puppy. I don't have an official assignment yet, all I know is that it will be a male lab. I am so excited. There was a breeder raised in Utah who had a litter in March and the raiser of the breeder dog is having a pup from that litter flown out to raise and they are going to send mine out with that one. My puppy is not going to be from the same litter though, I know that much. I am so excited!! So I will be overlapping for 2-3 weeks until my Sherman leaves. I can't believe it is just over four weeks until he leaves. It is starting to sink in that he is really going, especially because when someone asked me when he was leaving today and I had to say, "next month" I haven't had to say next month yet. . . *tear* So this should be an interesting month! I hope that Sherman is ready to be a good role model for the new little one. :)

10 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

YES!!!! Lots of good news on Blogger tonight! I love those new puppies. Going for another boy, huh? It will be totally fun to overlap, especially with Sherman. ; ) I can't believe how fast recall is coming. I'm sooo happy for you!!

Happy Birthday, Prudy. I think of her a lot, and I never even knew her.

Brittany said...

Oh, Yay!! Too bad you aren't getting a Mango puppy. I can't wait to hear what the "official" assignment is!

Happy birthday to Prudy too!

Emily and the Labradors said...

I wish Prudy was still there with you guys too :( Her passing away unfortunately just reinforces my theory that life is not fair. But in brighter news, I can't wait to see how Sherman does in Big Boy school! And by the way, I think 59 pounds is the perfect size for a male... that is what Ellis weighed when he left too! He did put some muscle on in training and is now a full 61 pounds though. AND, finally, I was very close to guessing your news ;) I pay too much attention to all those e-mails in the listserv I guess! Can't wait to hear the details and "meet" the little guy!

Career Changed Provo said...

Exciting news on the new little boy. Can't wait to hear about him. Re-call has snuck up. Hard to believe it is just around the corner.



Happy Birthday Prudy.

Jake and Joanna said...

YAY for a new puppy!!!! So excited to learn more about him!! And happy birthday, Prudy!!

Emily said...

I'm sorry Prudy wasn't there to celebrate with you :( Happy birthday girl! And that is great about the puppy!! Can't wait to hear more.. maybe a letter?!

Lisa and pups said...

Ah, sounds like you and Sherman had a good trek. YAY for getting another pup to overlap! Good luck to Sherman!!!

Natalie said...

Woohoo new puppy! Can't wait to see pictures of your new baby!:) That is a gorgeous pic of Sherm in front of the waterfall.

Happy birthday Prudy!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ahh Happy Birthday to Prudy. I'm sure she was happy that you went on a hike with Sherman in memory of her.

Yay! Puppy! Can't wait to hear more about the little guy. :D

Carrie and Waffle said...

Can't wait to meet the newest member of the blogsphere family.