PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Homie!!!

Today is my second puppy, Tahomas fourth birthday. She was such a very special puppy and I was so happy to get to raise her. She taught me a lot, (Corrections are okay, and consistency to name a few) :) She challenged me daily and kept me on my toes and I loved her for it. I really think she made me a better dog handler and a better person really. I am so proud of all she has accomplished, first being a breeder and then the best guide in the world (sorry I am a bit biased) She has traveled a lot, all over the east coast and to Israel several times and her partner never has anything bad to say about her. I know that she loves what she does!!!

We stopped at the beach the day before her recall, she loved the water and would jump over the waves and get completely soaked. She did get a bath that night for her recall the next day.
On the way to GDB for her recall.
At her breeder grad Oct 2005 she was bred the weekend before graduation and had seven beautiful pups on November 25th.

At her guide graduation. She looks just stunning in harness!

Also, this is the anniversary of Adeline going to live with her new mom after she was career changed. I got this picture from her mom today. It is her on the starting block at an agility competition. She is in the advanced classes now and loving every minute of it. Her mom says she is very fast and loves all the obstacles. So Happy year day to Adeline and her mom!! I miss this beautiful girl too. It is so nice to know that they are both happy and doing what they love!

No news on the new puppy yet. I am not even sure what day he is coming. I really hope I hear something soon because I am not going to have a lot of time for guessing names. :) Can't wait. It is also nice to be able to be FULLY excited to get a new puppy and not half dreading it because my current dog has to leave. :) But, I will definetly let you know when I know. I know of a few litters born around mid-march so I am trying to guess so there are a few letter possibilities. (ha ha, if you can't tell I am a little excited)

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy birthday Tahoma! What an amazing dog.

Adeline looks so happy! It is great that she is doing well in agility.

Emily and the Labradors said...

Happy birthday to Tahoma! What am amazing girl you raiser... mother and guide! And Adeline looks so grown up and wonderful! I think she is right where she was meant to be! Can't wait to hear about the new little guy too :)

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ahh, Happy Birthday to Tahoma!

Adeline looks gorgeous! That's so fun that she gets to do agility. Can't wait to find out your puppy's letter! :D

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Tahoma! She sounds like a wonderful girl :) I can't wait to hear about the new pup!