PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Answering some questions

Brittany: I think there are a couple of staff computers there so hopefully I will be able to post every once in a while. I am also trying to get a wireless router back from a friend so that I can take that and then take my laptop and then maybe a few more people can use their computers while we are there. I dunno though. . . this blog may get a bit boring this summer. :) I will certainly try though!

Emily (w/ Suede) & Sarah (w/ Sterling): I know his name already. :) I am just mean and won't say another word until I am holding his leash. Sorry. :(

Joanna and Kasey: I would LOVE to meet up with you guys while I am in California. I don't know when the breaks are but I will definitely let you know. It would be great to get to meet you and your awesome pups!!! (you can e-mail me privately at megstewart85 at hotmail dot com)

Carrie: Thanks for the name advice. It was very helpful while I was deciding. :) Keep reading for more news on that. :)

Irish: The camp is in the Santa Monica mountains near Malibu. If you are close by I would love to meet up with you too. ( see my e-mail address above) :)

I officially have my camp name now. I submitted a few to the director of the camp and he sent me this message back:

"Elphie, Welcome to the Camp Bloomfield Team!"

So I will be known as Elphie all summer. (I chose it because my favorite Broadway musical is Wicked and Elphaba is the lead character, but I shortened it to Elphie to make it easier. I also love the color green and, well, she is green and I love Idina Menzel who was the original Elphaba that I saw in New York. So lots of meaning there and I really love it!!)

That's all for now. Have a good night everyone!

7 comments:

Jake and Joanna said...

LOOOOVEE your name!!!! :) My friend Alisa will also be a counselor there. I don't know her "name", but keep an eye out for her. :)

Lacey said...

I thought Booger would have been funny, but I Like Elphie too. It will be almost as fun to yell for you in Walmart as it is Whale and Cinderella (though Cinderella’s isn’t coming back this year:( And to forewarn you, there are computers for us to use but they are extremely popular and slow. Someone else brought a router last year and that helped a lot. With the popularity problem at least. It certainly didn’t speed the internet up but it was definitely helpful. I’m guessing that you probably got the email yesterday with this info, but if not, breaks are: June 21-23, June 29-July 2, July 6-9, July 16-19, July 22-25, August 1-4, and August 12-15. We usually get out of camp around 3 pm on the last day of camp (so the first date listed in all those little groups previously mentioned) give or take an hour or two depending on how many campers there are and if someone decides that we need to get all the leaves off the ground in A&C and archery (gosh forbid there be some leaves on the ground at a summer CAMP!!!). We have to be back for a meeting at 8 pm on the nights before sessions start, so the last date listed in all those little groups. That first break is debatable. It might be shorter- they are having us come a day early this year and we’re not sure if that means our first break is longer or if staff training is longer. Anyhow, this has turned into a looong comment so I’ll shut up now (I’m just excited because Blujae called and told me the budget for my area so now I can really get some planning done).

Kasey and Blitz said...

Lol! I love your name! Wicked is awesome.

Yes, I'll definately be emailing you for details in coming to visit us!!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ahh I love your camp name...so cute!

Emily said...

I like the name ;) And I can't wait to hear the name for your pup...

Anna said...

YAY for Elphie!! LOVE Wicked! Can't wait to hear your pup's name!!!!!!

Natalie said...

Yay love the name!!