PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

WOOHOO!!!! GOT THE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got the news today!! and OMG!! I am so excited. I can't wait. I have been wanting to do this for years, and it is finally happening!!!!!!! Are you all ready. . . ????

you sure. . . ????


Positive. . .????


Okay, here it is. . . . .

I am going to be a counselor at Camp Bloomfield this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is a camp for blind and visually impaired kids. So I will be in charge of a cabin of girls and making sure they have a positive experience at camp. I can't wait. I have to report to camp on June 14th by 3:00pm :D Oh and I have to come up with a fun camp name so suggestions please! Lindsey suggested naming myself after one of my dogs and using Homie (which I like), and my sisters keep saying I should be Jitters (don't really like that one) So if you guys think of anything just leave it in the comments.

And now the explanation of the transfer puppy.
I decided that since I wanted to go to Camp Bloomfield this summer I would give up getting a new puppy. (Since it would not have its shots and not be old enough to go to camp) So I had a few decisions to make (even though I didn't know if I would get the job) I had to wait until after the summer to get a new puppy, try and trade someone to take my puppy and I would take theirs for the summer, see if someone would take my pup for the summer (still leaving me puppy less), or get a transfer puppy, or there was the tiniest possibility of keeping Sherm through the summer and have him recalled in Sept (but he is starting to get bored so I really feel like it is time for him to go, even if I don't want him too). I really wanted to take a puppy to camp, since that is the reason I wanted the job in the first place. So my leader and CFR found a nice transfer puppy that would be good to take to camp. So my new little guy will be going with me. I am SUPER EXCITED!!!!! I am so glad that it all worked out

And to celebrate my super fun summer job I am going to give you guys the letter for my new little black labby boy.

"S"

Yes, I am getting another S boy. Can't wait to meet him in 3 and a half weeks. I do feel a little bad because it will be a lot of transition for him. First he will go from his current home to mine and then seven days later travel to California for the summer and then back to Utah, hopefully he is up for it. :D I can't wait!!!

16 comments:

Brittany said...

Cogratulations!! That will be so great for you and Mr "S". Are you going to take a blogging break while you are at camp?

Hopefully you can still post every once in a while!

Lisa and pups said...

OH, That is such GREAT news! How exciting. You'll have a blast! And those kids will LOVE the new "S" pup! I would have a hard time not calling the new one Sherman!

YAY - I'm so happy for you. That's great!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

AHHH so many exciting things!! That's so cool that you're going to Camp! Yay! Watch out for Whale, she's a tough one. ;)

Another "S" boy huh? Hmmm....Spike? Not. How about Salvador, Shaw, Sparky, Shakespeare, or Spanky?

Emily said...

That is awesome!! Congrats on camp! And I like the letter "S" Do you know the name yet? If not I have a list of o let's say.. 800 names? Simba was a favorite when Kelsey and I were picking ;)

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Hurray!!! I can't wait to do that when I'm old enough
: )

For camp names, I like Breeze, Brook, Ocean, Candy, ? OK, those are pretty weird. ; )
How funny that you're getting Mr. "S" again.

Jake and Joanna said...

Congrats!!!!! That's very exciting!!!! You'll be like, twenty minutes away from me!!! I've been up there last year and it's beautiful!!! Maybe on one of your off days we can meet up??

Natalie said...

Yay congrats on the job!! Sounds like it will be superfun, especially with a pup to bring along.

Katlynn and Ryder said...

So happy you are getting your puppy soon! I came up with a few so here a goes:
Stripe
Suchultz
Spunk
Spyro
Stafford
Sage
Saber
Senate
Senior

Carrie and Waffle said...

Hey Congrats! Should be tonns of fun.

Yeah you want to pick your camp name or it will pick you. Last summer Waffle and I were working at Girl Scout camp and we named the new assitant cook - shishkabob

and remember when picking a camp name I always apply the mall test.

imagine yourself at the mall or Disneyland on your day off and one of your campers is there - would you want your camp name SCREAMED across the mall? turst me I've worked camps for 20 years- Disneyland is the worst

and hey how about Sherman as a camp name.

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Wow! Thats great! I know it can't be Shaw, he is my group and not leaving! Any chance it is one of Sterlings litter mates? I know they like to use "s" but 8 months is a good time to be transfered....

Let us know!

Kasey and Blitz said...

Ooh, exciting about Camp Bloomfield! I really want to work there as soon as I turn eighteen too! It sounds like it would be a blast. Hey, that's in Malibu!! That's forty-five minutes from my house! Hmm, wonder if you can get away sometime and meet up with us GDA raisers!! (Malibu is half an hour away from our puppy-group!) Lol, maybe not...But if you can, you are SO welcome!!

So exciting about the S puppy too! I can't wait to see pictures of him!!

Haha, I just noticed that Joanna invited you too...Hmm, now you'll HAVE to meet up with us!

Anna said...

Oh YAY! COngrats on the exciting news! Both exciting newses! You'll have to keep us updated!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Congratulations! it all sounds like so much fun!

Gerda said...

Great news on all fronts. So where in california is this camp? Perhaps a roadtrip with irish is in the making.

Gerda said...

i researched camp bloomfield and if its the one i found its in malibu california in the santa monica mountains. Is this the right one? if so, count on us to come visit--if its permitted. i am thinking i could maybe get a group of cci dogs to come up to visit with the kids. am i getting overly excited???

Lacey said...

Okay, so I just read "Lani's" comment and I cracked up because there was a counselor at camp last year named Cinderella. And she was in the group that went to Disneyland on a break. It was stinkin' hilarious. I was calling her name just for fun! I wish she was coming back; she was sooo fun.