PitaPata Dog tickers

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sherman vs. The Ice Cube

Well, we had a fun puppy class today. We met at Cabela's today and at first we were outside and worked on walking on a loose leash (totally new concept to Sherman. . . lol) We did it for the babies in the group, and they all are doing such a great job. We also worked on dog distractions. Sherman got to try and distract our little baby girl Safari and while she was distracted at first she was really calm and under control at the end. It is AMAZING how fast these little ones learn. Toward the end of class we went in and since the babies are only three months old they had to be carried. The group took turns carrying the pups while other members walked the older dogs. They all did great. I got to hold, Dax, Lansing, and Safari. Never got a chance with Forbes but here is what he looked like while his raiser held him. It was so cute I had to snap a pic.
From what I heard though Forbes is a beefy boy. And after holding Lansing (who is also a beefy boy) Safari and Dax felt like feathers. HAHA. (I think Sherman is the heaviest in the group though. :D :D :D Although Frisco will probably have him beat out in a few weeks) Forbes and Lansing are BIG boys. And I just want to say that I LOVE my puppy group. We all get along really well and are able to joke around with each other. We have a good mix of first time raisers, repeat raisers, youth, adults, and families. We have a very fun energy at puppy class and we are all there to help each other out when we need it. It is so much better than some previous groups I have been in where raisers didn't get along and there were arguments every puppy class. So, here is my shout out to New Leash on Life Puppy Raisers of Utah County. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!


In other news: (LOL)

I love how Sherman can go from complete post-puppy class comatose to up and at attention in .01 seconds. Especially when it comes to an ice cube! He sure does love his ice cubes.



And, no news yet on my exciting stuff. I am driving myself crazy with anticipation to the point where I am not able to sleep. I am really hoping to hear something on Monday (Please?!? For the love of all the little doggies in the world let something happen on Monday!!!) And as far as my transfer pup, Lisa guessed right. :) But no letter for another week or two. (I am so evil) So here are some cyber cookies for Lisa for guessing right. :) Enjoy!

6 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

YAY, I love Cyber cookies almost as much as Sherman likes ice cubes! :)

I'm so glad you have a great puppy group. It really is a great asset! :)

Brittany said...

Forbes is a cute little boy! I miss the Utah County club. Mine is just not the same :(

Sherman is so funny with the icecube! Hobbs is the same way lol.

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Sounds like a fun meeting! That picture is adorable. :)

Can't wait to hear the letter of the new little male black lab! :D

Sarah said...

I love how he licks his lips right before you give it to him! Keller LOVES his ice cubes too, Sherman!

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Can't WAIT to hear the exciting stuff! Congrats on your transfer pup. It's going to be sooo fun!

Emily said...

Sounds like a fun meeting! Cabela's is awesome ;) And Sherman is so cute with the ice cubes. haha. Can't wait to hear more about this male black lab! A letter would be nice...