PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lots of good stuff today!!

Well, Sherman and I have had quite the eventful couple of days. First on Saturday I took my little sister to the pool to swim so I took Sherm along. I don't think any of my pups have been to a pool so I decided to go for it. He did great. He loved to sit by the side and watch my little sis swim, and splash around. Here is a pic of Sherm with my little sister.
Then today it was my friends sons third birthday so a group of us went to a kids discovery museum in Salt Lake City. Since I don't have kids of my own to bring I brought along Sherman. I think he had a lot of fun. He had a dopey smile on his face the whole time. He was a big hit there, getting mauled by kids and parents. He was a champ though and handled it all like a pro. I was very proud of him. Here he is by this thing that you drop pennies off this little ramp and they spin in smaller and smaller circles until they go down a little chute thing. Anyway, my friends son loves this thing so she brought about fifteen dollars worth of pennies and let him have at it. He loved it and it entertained him for hours. Sherman didn't mind it at all and was so good about waiting for us to move on. :)
We went into this "About your body" display hosted by sesame street and there was this little Braille thing by the touch station. I got all gitty and started feeling all the letters and then I had to get a pic of Sherman with the Braille thing. It didn't turn out so fantastic so I took this pic to see what Sherman is posing by. (I am so easily amused)
Here is Sherman next to the Braille card thing.
Then there was this thing that you jump on and Grover leaps up and hit a bell. My friends son loved it and kept jumping on it. Sherman just liked the sound of the bell. Here he is waiting for Grover to hit the bell. (eventually I had Sherman stepping on the pad so that the bell went off. He got so excited and started doing it over and over each time looking up after he hit the pad and watching for the bell to ring.) It was super cute and way entertaining.

Sherman with Big Bird. Kind of makes Sherman look itty bitty!
Sherman was totally embarrassed to get his picture taken next to the poop display. It was revolting. You would hit the button and a farting noise would sound and then a flushing toilet and then in this glass box you would see a piece of *plastic* poop slide down a cylinder thing. (I still can't believe they had that in a sesame street venue) It made me laugh and since one of Shermans favorite things is going #2 I had to get a picture. But each time he closed his eyes, I finally resulted that he was embarrassed of the poo display.
There was this art room and so I took advantage of the chalk board and got a picture of me and my boy.
After the museum Sherman slept like this the whole way home it was too funny.
I think the outing went great, we were there for nearly six hours and Sherman did so well. I could not be happier with his behavior with all those screaming, running, loud kids. He is absolutely exhausted and has been sleeping ever since. It may take him a day or two to recover.
My other good new is . . . Guess who is Mr. September for the GDB 2009 Calendar. That's right. . . Sherman himself!! I am so excited and super honored that his picture was chosen for September. Here is the e-mail I got today:
Hi there Megan -
Just writing to let you know that the photo you submitted of Sherman for GDB's 2009 calendar has been chosen for inclusion as one of the main photos. Sherman's shot will be the featured photo for the month of September. Congratulations!

In addition, starting in 2009 we're going to feature each of our pin-up pups in our monthly e-newsletter during the month that coincides with their calendar picture. For those purposes, I'm wondering if you could send me a little more info about Sherman. Primarily, I'd like for you to tell me how Sherman has been a great partner to you and/or your family - what about your relationship with Sherman really says "partnership"? Other than that, I've included just a couple other questions that would be fun to get answers to as well:
Are you and Sherman alike in any ways?
What are some of Sherman's funny, unique or quirky habits or behaviors?
What is your favorite activity to do together with Sherman?
What does Sherman do that makes you smile?

Anyway - if you could get back to me with those answers within the next couple of weeks, that would be great. Thanks again for your photo submission!

I am so proud of my sexy little beast being chosen for a month of his own, and I can't wait to get my copy of the calendar!! Oh, and I am not telling which picture I sent you will all have to wait til you get your copy. ;) Just know that it is super cute!! (How can it not be with my handsome little devil of a dog)
Lastly, I got a call while I was at the children's discovery museum today and if all goes according to plan something very exciting should be happening around the middle of may. I can't say too much yet because I am not sure it is set in stone but hopefully I will hear more in the next few days and I will definitely let all y'all know what is going on as soon as I know. All I can say is, I hope it happens!!
Oh, and lastly, lastly ;) I weighed Sherman the other day and he is now officially 59 pounds. Woot, woot!! Although, I am a little concerned though since my CFR thought he was chunky at 56 pounds and I even cut his food. I hope it is filling out weight and not chunky weight. :) But my boy is big now . . . well, almost. Ha Ha. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

13 comments:

Brittany said...

Congratulation!! That is go great that he was chosen for the calendar! I am hopeing that Hobbs will get a mall honor as one of the little pictures throughout the calendar.

The picture of Sherman with the poop thing is cute.

Career Changed Provo said...

Sounds like a great time for all.

Congrats on making it as Mr. September Sherman. Can't wait to see the calender!

Emily said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! And Congrats to Mr.September. Can't wait to see the picture!!

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear the exciting news you have coming up!

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

Well it sounds like you had a super time! The poop pic is so cute! He really does look embarassed to be there! Congrats on hime being Mr. September! I hope you will post the picture when the calendar comes out so we can see! Fingers crossed for the exciting news!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Sexy Sherman as a centerfold??? I hope Angel gets to see it before she goes to college! What a great outing for Sherman too!

Can't wait for the news! I have a guess... and if that guess is right, does it have anything to do with tropical fruit? The timing would be right...

Megan and Orleans said...

lol Emily, you have the right idea. Comes from different "fruit" though. :)

Jake and Joanna said...

What about those of us who don't get the GDB calendar??

I'm super excited for the possible mid-may news. :)

Carrie and Waffle said...

ooohhh Lani wants Mr. Septembers Autograph b4 he goes away to college.

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Congratulations on making it into the calendar! At least one of the bloggers made it in. ;) I can't wait to see what photo you submitted. ;)

I love all the pictures! So cute.

Megan and Orleans said...

I will post the picture after the calendar comes out for those of you who don't get it. :)

Natalie said...

Looks like Sherman had tons of fun at the museum judging by his huge grin in all the pics (except the poo one ;))

Congrats on your picture being chosen for the calendar, I'll have to order a copy just to see what picture it is :)

Anonymous said...

Yay Sherman for being the calendar pick! I think I know which picture it is, but I cheated... :P