PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Scared half to death/strange event in the parking lot

Last night after work I stopped at the gas station to get oil for Lola (my car). I got Sherman in his jacket, went in, bought my oil, went out, loaded him in the car, and popped the hood. (When Sherman gets impatient with me he will hop into the drivers seat while he waits for me to get in, and when he gets REALLY impatient he will lean on the horn.) Well, I had my head under my hood pouring oil and checking on some other things and *HONK* scared me half to death. I had a total cartoon moment where I jumped three feet in the air and hit my head on the hood and then stumbled onto the ground all the while oil flying everywhere. Then I had to buy more oil and repeat the process. This time with more success. :)

I went in for an eye exam (ran out of contacts) this morning and on my way out I loaded Sherm into the car and then got in myself, turned on the car, put in in reverse and noticed this older gentleman running toward me motioning for me to roll down my window. I put the car back in park and rolled my window down. When the guy came up to the window he just wanted to ask questions about Sherman and guide dogs. Then told me all about his 7 yr old chocolate lab who he rescued from the humane society. I just thought that was interesting, and definitely a first. I have never been run down before. :)

2 comments:

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Haha, oh my that is funny. Especially about Sherman leaning on the horn. I don't know what I would do if I was flagged down in my car...hmmm...

Brittany said...

Lol, that is really funny! Though I think I probably would have chased after a puppy raiser if when I first got permission to get a puppy! Does that make me crazy?