PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More on Bryce Canyon

Now that I have more time I wanted to give a better update about Bryce Canyon. :) We had so much fun and the views were amazing. Definitely a place that I would like to visit again. You can go on a lot of hikes and still not see it all! The first day we got there around noon so weren't going to go on any hikes, we were planning on driving around and looking. But we started looking and all wanted to stop and explore a bit. So we got out and walked around and my dad found this 1 1/2 mile hike that he wanted to go on. It took us down the side of the cliff and through the narrows beneath. I wasn't sure I wanted to take Sherman because the path was quite narrow with cliffs on the left. That made me nervous so I left him with my mom at the top while she sat on a bench with my grandma and we all went on the short hike. (also at the beginning of the trail was a no dogs allowed sign and there was a ranger standing there so I didn't want to push it. :) The hike was fun and really hard because it went down and around some narrows and then pretty much straight back up, my legs are still sore. Anyway, it took us about an hour to get through and we were all tired after so we went back to the hotel for a rest. My mom said she talked to the ranger while she was on the bench and he said that it would be fine for Sherm to go on the hikes with us because he was a service dog. WOOHOO! When we were ready we decided to go on a longer hike. This one was 5 1/2 miles and was still gorgeous. Sherman was fantastic, he was tired by the end but so were the rest of us. We ventured away from the trail and hiked up some of the hills for a better look at the surroundings. At the end of the trail I sat on a bench with Sherman while my family took a potty break before returning to the hotel. While I was sitting there a nice British woman (who had the coolest accent) came up to me and was asking me about Sherman (who I thought was sleeping) after a while she asked me what his name was. I said Sherman, and as soon as I said his name he popped his head up and he had a cigarette butt sticking straight out of his mouth. (ha ha what a goof) I told him to drop it which he did. The lady said, "you should teach him to stop that habit, it causes cancer in dogs too." We both just laughed. After that we all went back to the hotel watched The Office (best show EVER) and went to bed. The next morning we went on another hike, well first we drove around for a while because my dad got lost and he wouldn't ask anyone where the trail started. While we were driving around we saw a sign for helicopter tours around the canyon and my g-ma wanted to go. We stopped at the airport and got info and her and my mom got tickets for one. (jealous, I have never been in a helicopter before) Me, Sherman and my sisters and dad went on a hike while my mom and g-ma hung around the hotel getting ready for their ride. After our hike we drove a bit and found a sign for Mossy Cave so decided to go explore that. It was a 1 1/2 mile hike to the cave. It was so fun. There was water dripping from the ceiling so we were all pretty soaked after walking around in there for a while. There was also a waterfall by the cave and we played around over there too. We got back in time to see my mom and g-ma off on their ride and so we went into the shops and just played around in the little town there. Sherman really enjoyed himself and I think it was a great experience for him going on all those hikes, I was so proud of him. He behaved himself perfectly and I couldn't be happier with him.

Sherman passed out on the trail. It was funnier in person. We were walking and stopped to take a pic of my sister standing on this big rock and Sherman just collapsed, he was on an incline and so was sliding down but didn't move at all, just let himself slide down so his face was all squished. Me and my daddio were laughing so hard.

I have been going through and backing up all my picture files and came across this one. It was taken just days after picking up my first puppy Prudy. This is my all-time favorite picture of me and one of my puppies. (My hair could have been a little less fluffy!!! but oh, well. My sister insisted on doing it for me) Anywho, I postponed my senior pictures because I wanted to have my new guide dog puppy with me. And, I love how it turned out. I love her tongue hanging out, it is just priceless! She is the one that started everything and she taught me a lot. I sure do miss my girl!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Lol I love the picture of sherman all passed out! He must have been totally exausted. Sounds like you had an amazing time.

lindsey said...

So I remember when you got Prudy :) those were the days ;) hehe!