PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Spankys Last Day *tear*

Well, like the title says today was Spankys last full day here. So, me and my friend, her son and my sister went up to Bridal Vail Falls. It was a lot of fun and Spanky loved it. I stuck Prudys old harness on him (it was quite roomy on him too, lol) and got out my old dusty retractable leash and we were on our way. There is a trail that leads up to the falls and then you have to hike up to the actual water fall, it is not a hard hike but I love it. Spanky was so funny on the retractable every five to ten feet he would look back and check in and I would tell him he was a good boy and he would start walking again. What a silly boy. Here is one of the pictures of him looking back at us.
We got to the bottom of the fall and were preparing to take the hike up and Spanky startled me by jumping right into the water. Usually he takes a bit of coaxing but in he went and splashed around for a few minutes before the hike. :)
The trail to the falls is quite rocky and is sometimes a bit scary because the path gets really narrow but Spanky did really well. I usually would let Prudy off leash as soon as we got on the trail to the falls I kept Spanky on leash for a bit until I decided to see how he did. So he was off leash for about half the hike up before I put him back on because he would get too close to the edge where there is a bit drop off (10-40 feet in some places) and he kept stumbling, so I stuck him back on so I could monitor him more closely.
My Uber handsome boy on the trail.
About half way up my sister dropped her water bottle and since I am teaching Spanky to retrieve things I asked him to pick it up, which he did wonderfully but then he wouldn't give it back. He enjoyed the hike while carrying his own water bottle. It was so cute and he was so proud of himself.
"Look mommy, I have a water bottle."
Finally made it up to the falls. Spanky was panting like there is no tomorrow but he enjoyed playing in the water up there too. Sorry no pics, I didn't want to risk my camera in the mist of the waterfall.
"Mom, that waterfall got me all wet." I love this picture, he looks so cute in it.
Back at the bottom Spanky would paw at the water and then stick his nose in a blow bubbles it was quite entertaining.
And back home Spanky got a good bath to prepare for the puppy truck tomorrow. The new one. Yep, my Spank is going to break that truck in good. lol He got a full spa treatment too, including, nail clipping, ear cleaning, tooth brushing, and a good work over with the furminator. He looks great and shinny and ready too meet all the family's that will be fighting to have as wonderful a dog as he is. :) The classic pitiful puppy in the bath picture. (The water was quite brown, pretty gross.)

Videos of Spanky doing his walk ten feet and then wait for me and then his pawing at the water. I will surely miss this boy but he will make someone very happy and be a wonderful pet.



Tomorrow is going to very hard and there will be nothing to make it any happier. "but, Megan you are getting a puppy why so glum?" you may be asking. Well, I will tell you why tomorrow is going to be such a sad day:
I found out today (while I was walking Spanky down from the falls no less) that my "F" puppy got sick and did not make it onto the truck. So I will not be getting my puppy tomorrow. I am so sad that I won't be meeting him tomorrow. He will be shipped out to me next week sometime when he is better. I am glad that I am still getting him and that they didn't switch puppies on me because I am so excited about this litter but it still stinks that I have to wait even longer. *tear* I will still go to the puppy truck to drop off Spanky since it was such a major pain in the butt to get the day off of work, I kinda feel like it was all for nothing now. So figured I would go drop him off anyway. It will be hard to see all those puppies coming off and know that mine is not there and then drop off my boy and be puppyless until my new guys comes. *sigh* I really hope that the pup comes on a later afternoon/night flight because there is no way that I am going to get another day off of work (especially with so little notice) and I really want to be able to pick up my own puppy. I do have about a bazillion and four questions about how it works picking up a pup from the airport, well maybe just four or five. But alas, I suppose I will have to just wait until my pup comes to find out. Anyway, thought that you would like to know that my "F" isn't coming quite yet. It is so depressing. I just knew something like this would happen, especially since I have been waiting for this baby so long. *Sigh* Well, this turned out to be quite the depressing post so I am going to go now. Hope everyone is doing better than me. . . and be prepared for a few grumbly posts about being puppyless. It has been a long time since I have been puppyless not sure what I am going to do. Anyone have a pup I can borrow for a few days?

10 comments:

Emily said...

O no Megan!! I was so excited for you. They did that with Tahoe too, and it was a huge bummer. I hope they are able to send your pup out soon. And goodbye to Spanky, good luck to him in his new home!

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Oh no! I am sorry your puppy got sick. Thats sucks that you will not be getting a pup as you turn Spanky in...I always have a foster pup or two around Furburbia is you need a puppy fix.. ;)

I am intrested to know how the airport thing works too! Let me know, and keep us posted on how your pup does.

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

I'm SO sorry to hear the bad news. At least you are not getting a change in assignment. It totally broke me when I got switched to a MYL "L" instead of MYL "E" who I had my heart set on. :( Don't worry, "F" will be hear soon enough! Good luck tomorrow. Spanky is so adorable. He is going to be a huge gift to a very lucky family!

Colby, Raven, Elsa said...

It looks like you and Spanky had a great final day together. I'm sorry to hear that your "F" puppy won't be at the puppy truck. If only you were local you could puppy sit Stetson for a few days till your "F" puppy arrived.

I'm sure all will be well and we'll be hearing about your "F" puppy real soon.

Princess Coral said...

Hi Megan & Spanky,

It must be soooooo hard to say goodbye to each other! I'm glad that you had a great fun together yesterday! Whoever gets Spanky is surely a very lucky one!

Megan, sorry to hear that Mr. F isn't going to be on the truck! But he'll come to you before you know it! Meanwhile, you can borrow our crackhead dog, Banzai! He's not a puppy, but sure would keep you busy & more...

Love,

N/C

Natalie said...

Aw Megan, that really sucks :( Hopefully the time will fly by and your puppy will be here before you know it... plus you'll get an airport pickup experience which always sound cool.

Hugs to Spanky on his last day, we'll miss you!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ahhh that picture of Spanky with the bottle is so adorable! What a silly happy boy. He'll make someone so happy as a wonderful pet. :)

I'm really sorry about Mr.F. I really know how you feel. ;)

Lisa and pups said...

What a great adventure with Spanky. Him carrying the water bottle was hilarious!

So sorry to hear you will have to wait an extra week for little "F". I'm sure the little one is just as disappointed.

Anna said...

Awww Megan that's so sad!! man, I know how it feels to be puppyless, and it really sucks. But I'm so glad they didn't change on you. Your little guy will be so much more special..er... now that you have to wait longer for him.

And Spanky will be so great for whoever gets him!! He seems like just the perfect pet. I know he'll be happy.

Emily and the Labradors said...

Spanky looks like pet life is really working for him! I'll give him a kiss for you tomorrow if I can. So sorry to hear that Mr. F didn't make the truck! Ellis was always going to fly out but he and his siter also got sick so they delayed them a week, so I know how disappointing it is when you have your heart set on your new baby arriving a certain day!

As for the airport, the way it worked for Ellis was he flew cargo (with his sister in the same crate) and we actually went to some entirely different building from the airport to meet them. Their flight was delayed for several house, so it was a huge pain and the pups were mighty unhappy and stinky when they arrived. There was an envelope taped to the top with their collars, and I got via FedEx earlier in the day the complete puppy bag, so I knew his name a few hours before I got him. He didn't seem any worse for the wear by the next day though!

Crossing fingers for a flight soon!