PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, October 23, 2008

One Week!!

Mr. "F" is coming a week from today. So, I decided to post my top ten favorite F names. So here goes: (in no particular order)
1. Flash
2. Fizgig
3. Fezic
4. Fitz
5. Fax
6. Fresno
7. Fynn
8. Forest
9. Fonzi
10.Figaro

Each day brings me closer and closer to my little bundle of fur. My dilemma now is that I am trying to decide whether to take Spanky and drop him at the truck on Thursday or wait until Saturday. I am so torn because I don't know if I want to drive to Salt Lake twice in three days. I also don't know how much time I will be able to spend with Spanky with a new pup around, and I am a little worried since Spanky has had dog related issues I don't know how he would react to having a puppy in the house. Part of me is thinking it would be better for him to drop him off on Thursday and the selfish part of me wants to keep him as long as I can. I also don't want to get too attached to him as a pet because it is that much harder to say goodbye. He really is an awesome dog and such a happy boy and I am going to miss him so much. I am planning on taking Spanky on a hike up Bridal Veil Waterfall next week sometime (one of my favorite hikes) so expect pictures from that. :) So that should be a nice farewell.
And to tide you over here are some videos of Spanky. I think he has finally gotten the hang of the Spin command. I had to change how I was teaching it because he wasn't getting it so I started using a toy and if he spun on command I would throw the toy for him. He loved that game and started understanding what I wanted from him really quickly. The second video I liked because he did a couple of his nifty leaps that he does. Enjoy.


Till next time. . .

6 comments:

Madison said...

Can't wait to see the pup! That is a hard dilemma....not sure! Sorry! :)

Brittany said...

Great videos! Personally I would drop Spanky off on thursday. A lot of adult dogs dont like baby puppies, and if he has already had dog related issues, it may be better to not risk a problem.

I can't wait to meet Mr "F"!

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

I love sharing the anticipation of getting a new puppy with you. :) Can't wait to meet adorable Mr. "F"!

Princess Coral said...

How exciting about Mr. F's arrival!!! In your list of names, I like Figaro the best! Fax may not be good; what if he has to go to an office all the time as a guide! "Can you FAX this?" Hahaha...

Enjoy the last moments with Spanky! I'm sure he'll remember the time with you forever & ever!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Mr. F will be here so soon! Not sure what to tell you about the dilemma though... that is a tough one! Spanky is so cute with his new trick too.

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ahhh yay for Figaro being number 10! :) I really like Fezic to.