PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The other "S" kids

I have been in contact with a few of Shermans siblings over the last year. I love being in touch and knowing similarities and differences in the litter. Sherman has four other siblings, Spartan (MYL), Sirroco (MBL), Sage (FYL), and Samantha (FYL). From what I have heard Sherman, Samantha and Sirroco are the most alike in looks while Sherman and Sirrocco share the same personality and Spartan and Samantha are the opposite of Sherman and Sirroco personality wise. I have not heard anything about Sage so I don't know what she is like at all.

This is a picture of Spartan. Isn't he handsome. Doesn't look much like Sherm at all though. :) Here is what his raiser had to say about him in her most recent message.

"Spartan has matured a bit, weighing in at 75 lb. But he still try's to be the boss sometimes. His recall date is May 3 for the college prep course. I will really miss him as he's been my constant companion. We've both learned so much in our time together and have had many adventures."

He is huge, and is nearly twenty pounds bigger than Sherman. I can't even imagine Sherman with another 20 pounds on him. :) He definitely got his daddies size. (I hear Norbert is a BIG boy) I wish Spartan luck in formal training and look forward to watching him on the phase report. You will do awesome Spartan!!

This lovely little lady is Samantha. I can see a lot of Sherman in her, she is almost a yellow version of Sherman. :) Here is what her raiser said in her most recent message,

"Samantha is a small girl. She weighs about 53 lbs. She is pretty good but likes to be a little dominate sometimes. She was looked at for international breeder, but has a little bit of a heart problem. Not a bad enough problem to stop her from being a guide. I have not gotten her recall letter yet, but I am anticipating June."

I heard that she and her sister Sage were both looked at for international breeding but neither were chosen. I do know that Sage has the same recall as Sherman. She will be going into training in June as well. We will see if sister Samantha will join them then. :)



I haven't heard from Sirroco in a while. I sent a message to his raiser a few days ago so hopefully I hear from them soon. :)

Well, that is all for today. Hug those pups for me. :)

9 comments:

Emily said...

It's always fun to keep track of siblings! I haven't found any this time... Good luck to all those "S" pups!

Brittany said...

That is great that you actally hear from the siblings raisers! It is amazing the differences in these dogs, even within a litter. Great pictures of the pups too.

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier said...

Awww. The one thing I regret with having the mom, and only sibling raised in the same group, is not having the experience of learning about all of the pup in the litter. I am not unhappy thou, because I know that a lot of people don't have the chance to have two (or in our case, all) of the litter in their group!
~Taelor and Eagle~

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

Isnt finding out about siblings fun!! I now were all of Glazes siblings taht went into our puppy program are and periodically hear from the ones that are not in my group. I also heard from one of her siblings that went to Canada to be raised. Hope you hear from the other S pups!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

So nice that you are able to be in touch with siblings. The photos are great.

Lisa and pups said...

Love hearing about the siblings. Sherman is still my favorite though! :)

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Glad that you know about Sherman's brothers and sisters! Sounds like they are all doing great.

Oh, and since I didn't get a chance to comment on you last post (I only got to read it tonight), that is just soo weird about the guy with the dead animals in the freezer. I think I would pretty much freak out if that happened to me...

thepuppyraiser said...

So fame must run in the family...Sherman and Sam both are stars now :)

http://cbs13.com/video/?id=31896@kovr.dayport.com

Hannah and Hayden said...

Thats is so much fun that you get to keep in contact with the other S kids raisers. Good luck to them and there raisers. How did you do the heading on your blog with the pictures.