PitaPata Dog tickers

Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm Back!!

I am back and totally missing my boy. My room is so boring and lonely without him. :) I keep looking down at his bed and there is no sleeping, black lump. I keep waiting for him to come poke me to let him out or show me the toy he wants to chew on. I keep reaching down to give him a pat and he is not there. All day I kept giving people commands and talking to "phantom dogs" when I was out. I got a lot of weird looks when I left a gas station and said, "Lets go" and "good boy" (I am pretty sure the cashier lady thought I was talking to her) It is weird being puppyless, I have not, not had a dog with me in over two years. And I DON'T LIKE IT!! Not one bit. I can't wait to pick up my boy tomorrow. Hopefully the puppy-sitters have good things to say about him. ;)



Anyway, for those of you who did not de-code my message . . . . or did not want to :) Sherman has an official recall date. He is leaving on June 7th, in conjunction with our summer guide dog workshop. He will be going to the San Rafael campus which is good because I have family and friends there that I can stay with if he graduates, and it is easier for me to get to. He is very ready for formal training and he proves it to me every day. I am so proud of his progress and I am sure he will do great. He will make me proud whatever he decides. I still have a while, over two and a half months so we have plenty of time to fine tune everything. :) I sure will miss him though, he is such a great dog and so easy to get along with. Anyway, I better get some sleep before puppy class in the morning. G-night everyone!

10 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Oh, I am glad you get him back soon. I know what you mean about the "phantom" dog. :) Have fun at class!

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

I have a phantom dog too. Everyone sure looks at me funny when I say "Holly, let's go. Good girl!" Good luck Sherman! I'm sure he will do great. He sounds like an awesome puppy.

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ahh, glad you get him back pretty soon. I'm sure he will do awesome when he goes back in the summer, can't wait to see how he does!

Hannah and Hayden said...

I totally no what you mean about the phantom dog. I had that problem when I was puppy less for a month.

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean about the phantom puppy. I would do it all the time when I was puppy less for a month.

Emily and the Labradors said...

I know Sherman is going to do great and make you proud!!!

Anna said...

Congrats on the recall!! He can go say hi to some of our friends in the San Rafael campus. :)

Ha ha, you think it's bad to be puppyless for a little while? I haven't had one for....2 months!! AAAAHHH!!!! And that one I only had for a month and a half! And before her, I didn't have a dog for another....10 months!

Emily said...

Glad you get him back soon :) And good luck to him come around Summer time. Can't wait to see how he does!!

Megan and Orleans said...

I have had my share of puppy-less-ness. 9 months between puppy 1 and 2 and then 9 months between 2 and 3 and then a month between 3 and 4. With Sherman was the first time I have given a dog up and gotten a new one at the same time. I like it better that way. :)

Brittany said...

I know what you mean about the phantom dog.

When Patriot went back it was the worst, I would start to talk to him (like whole conversations) while I was walking and not realise it until I started getting weird looks from people.

Glad you get Sherman back soon.