PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, November 26, 2007

It's been a while. :)

I had a fun and lazy holiday weekend. It was so nice to have so much time off of work and just be able to sit and veg with the family. I have also had Montgomery for the week while his raisers were out of town. He was a perfect gentleman. Thanksgiving was fun. Keeping with tradition we got all the food ready and in ovens and then left for a movie in the morning. We went to Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium. It was a really good movie. I LOVED it! Sherman could have cared less he just slept through the whole thing. Then we went home and both boys (Montgomery and Sherman) were on tie down while we got the rest of the meal ready. I love Thanksgiving, it has to be one of my favorite holidays. Time with the family, and food galore, what more can you ask for. :) After my part of the meal was done. (I was in charge of mashed potatoes) I took the boys out in the yard for a good romp. They both really enjoyed themselves. We went inside and they boys had to go in the kennel to be out of the way while we all ate. My sister got Yams (baby food) for my nephew for his Thanksgiving dinner. Which he did not enjoy and promptly spit out. Cannon also got the turkey leg because every year we give it to the youngest in the family. He just thought it was a fun toy and didn't eat it. :) After dinner me and three of my sisters took Sherman and Montgomery on a walk. We stopped by a park and played for a bit. After the walk we went to my grandmas for desert. It was good. We had bread pudding and pumpkin cheesecake. De-lish!

Then on Saturday the football game was on so me and all the girls in the family went out for a girls day while my dad and bro-in-law went to the game. BYU WON!!! Anyway, we went shopping and then out to lunch followed by more shopping. I have decided that Sherman is not a huge shopper he gets bored. :) He needs to go to a little old lady and have a nice relaxed life. :) Somehow I don't see Sherman braving the streets of New York or being a college dog. He would be perfect for a little old lady who sits at home and goes on the occasional walk to the store or something. :) Sherm would love that. We also went to see the show Enchanted. I have not been in a movie theatre with that many kids in a long, long time but it was a really cute movie. The first 20 or so minutes I spend wondering what the heck was I watching but then it got cute. Montgomery left yesterday afternoon. I really like that dog. He is very sweet, and happy and really reminded me of Prudy a lot. Oh, and he is Shermans cousin. Their moms are sisters, so that is cool too.

Anyway, here are pictures of our weekend.

Montgomery in the backyard, stopped running just long enough for me to snap a picture.
The boys enjoy their bones on Thanksgiving day.
Good-night puppies. (I had to break out the second kennel for Montgomery's visit, Sherman wasn't to pleased that he had to be in the smaller one, "Face it Sherman, you are a small fry!" Oh I got Sherman weighed last week and he is in the fifties!!! 51.9 pounds. I am so proud. *sniff*

My Nephie getting his first bite of "real food" YAMS! (Yuck, would not have been my first choice)
"I did not like that!" I love his face in this picture. (Isn't my nephew just the cutest!)
"What am I supposed to do with THIS?" That is one big turkey leg.
They boys out front before their walk. They don't seem to have a family resemblance. . . I am sure it is there somewhere. (they are only 2 weeks apart too, Montgomery is humongous.)
Montgomery on the slide at the park. He is more interested in getting that darn Halti off.
Sherman in the slide. Talk about posing, wow.
And our family tradition has always been that we put up the Christmas tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving. (can't start Christmas until Thanksgiving is over) My grandma gives each grandchild an ornament every year so our tree is very miss-matched and I love it. (The past 8 or so years all of my ornaments have been dog related. :) The one I got the year I got Prudy is a picture frame that has a picture of Prudy as a tiny baby with her tongue sticking out that my g-ma took. I would show it to Prudy every year. It was kinda sad this year. Also I made her a stocking the year she came home and we didn't put it up so that was sad. But I also made a stocking that I made for all my puppies (I decided it would be a pain to make one for each dog so it is generic) it says "GDB Puppy" on it and so that is Sherman's this year. He got into the Christmas spirit too. :) Here is my favorite black labby boy next to our Christmas tree.

11 comments:

Hobbes Dogs said...

Wylie and I saw Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium this weekend too and I also LOVED it. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I love the picture of Sherman on the slide. What a handsome face.

Brittany said...

Great Pictures! Lol Sherman sure is small, Hobbs just weighed in at almost 60 lbs! And he is just 8 months! He is going to tower over Sherman next time we see eachother.

Megan and Orleans said...

Oh, No! Hobbs was so much smaller than Sherman last time. Shoot! I just took Sherm to the vet today and he is now 53.1 pounds. (that story to come later. :( Two different scales I know and probably not accurate but I am okay trusting the 53.1 scale. :)

Lisa and pups said...

Love the pictures. WOW, just weeks apart and they are that different in size. Amazing. Love the cute nephew. I don't think yams would have been my favorite either! Love the pic of Sherm on the slide. He really does know how to pose for photos!!!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Glad to hear that your Thanksgiving went well. Montgomery is sure handsome. Sherman is getting bigger, but you're right, he's a little small for his age. I even think Spike is catching up to him. ;)

Angie said...

That picture of Sherman on the slide is too cute!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I haven't heard of the movie, but maybe I'll check it out after such a good review! The boys are both so good looking... and I LIKE the little males :) Ellis went back for training at 15 months and 58 pounds...

Quinta said...

Very cute photos!

We would love to be linked!

Love,

Quinta and family

lindsey said...

A few things...

A. BYU NEVER should have won! Utah gave it away ;(

B. I have NEVER liked yams...I don't blame the nephew.

C. Frankly, both Sherman and Montgomery are tiny compared to my "horse!"

michelle and montgomery said...

Montgomery looked HOT he really is a gentle man isn't he LOL. Montgomery is almost 90 pounds. I hope Montgomery was good for you!!!

michelle and montgomery said...

Utah so should have won!!!
boo byu!