PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oh, great. . .

I got up early this morning to go pick up Sherman from the vet. I really missed him yesterday. I didn't think one day would make me miss him that much. It was really quiet and I kept reaching to pet him and he wasn't there. Well, while I was driving to get him the vet called and said that Sherman had some swelling and bleeding from the scrotum that they were worried about. So they are keeping him another night for observation. So, I didn't get my boy back, but will pick him up tomorrow. (of course this would happen with all the anxiety that I have had over his little operation. HMPH!!) Maybe it is for the best because I have to work tonight and didn't want to leave him alone his first night back. But tomorrow I don't have school or work so I can stay with him all day. :) I just don't want him to be hurting or anything, I feel bad for him. Hopefully he is okay and can come home tomorrow. I really miss my little guy!
Megan (the Shermanless)

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh, that poor boy! Calliope had a hard time with her spay too. Give him kisses when you get him back, and he will feel all better....well other than lacking a few parts lol.

Emily said...

O, poor Sherm!! I hope that he gets to come home soon, because I know that getting a kiss from his mommy will make him feel much better!! Good luck, and I hope he gets to come home tomorrow!!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Well, it was SUPPOSED to be simple! But when is it ever, really. I am glad they are keeping a good eye on him and hopefully he can come home soon!

Sarah said...

I hope Sherman feels better soon so that you can get your boy back! I wouldn't worry too much about him...from working in the kennels I saw a lot of spays and neuters and some swelled up, but usually it was fine within a few days. Congrats on having a neutered boy now, though. After Diego, I can appreciate what a little surgery can do for a dog!

Sarah, the I's and J

Ally and Eclipse said...

Oh man! I'm sorry Megan! At least they caught it though! Teddy (my pet sheltie) was sent home with a hemotoma and had to make three subsequent trips back to the vet for issues in the same week. Now he hates to go anywhere near that part of town. lol. I'm sure Sherman will be fine as they've caught it and presumably done what they can and can keep an eye on it. Sometimes vets aren't too observant with the "routine surgeries" so I'm happy your vet was observant with Sherm!

Katlynn and Ryder said...

Hey Megan its Katlynn and DeSoto! I`m so happy to be making friends on here! Sherman is very cute!!