PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Big day in Salt Lake City

Today me and Sherm had a big day. We met up with an old friend that I haven't seen in forever and her 2 1/2 year old son. We were going to visit our other old friend who we haven't seen in forever at the school that she teaches at and have lunch. It was really fun to reminisce and talk and catch up. She works at Jordan High School so after a few hours (she has a free period after lunch so we had plenty of time) me and Suzi (friend with the 2 year old) left to go home. We passed by the entrance to the UTA Trax (a train that goes to Salt Lake City) and decided spur of the moment to go to Salt Lake and explore fora while. It was good fun. Her son and Sherman had both never been on the train before and they both had a good time.

Sherman and me on the train.
We got off and went to the Gateway mall. We stopped at the fountain and watched for a while. The water is choreographed to music and is fascinating to watch. Before we knew it Shane had ripped off all his clothes (except diaper, thank heaven) and was running through the water. After Suzi corralled him and wrestled his clothes back on, it was most amusing to watch. :) We snapped a quick pic of me and Sherman. (who was also fascinated by the water, but didn't strip and go running off into it) :)
We stopped in a kids museum of some sort and I couldn't help myself. They had these little bell bracelets. Sherman was not as amused and didn't like walking with it on and tried to keep his foot off the ground. It was pretty amusing!
I got WAY to exited about this mailbox. It is R2D2, just about the coolest thing I ever saw. I had to have a picture. :)
Only Sherman could manage to get his toy stuck in his mouth. He will usually pick up a toy and come show it to me before settling on the floor to chew. Well, he brought it over and then went to set it down and it wouldn't come out of his mouth. He started freaking out and shaking his head before I grabbed my camera snapped a pic and then helped him get the toy out of his mouth. I was laughing so hard!! I can't believe he fit it in there!!
Sherman's "little sister" This is my friends puppy Tilly. She is a six month old border collie/blue heeler mix and I am puppy sitting her for the next few days. She is just as sweet as can be. She and Sherman seemed to hit it off and are liking having each other around. It is good for Tilly too because she doesn't get much socialization. She is really enjoying the attention from the family and from Sherman.
So that is pretty much it. Except that Sherman has an evaluation tomorrow. I am a little nervous but know that my boy will do great. More on that tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well and he shows off the wonderfulness that he is. :)

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Sounds like a great day in SLC! That picture of Sherman and the puppy is so cute. Tell Sherman he is a goof for getting his toy stuck in his mouth. Lol!

Hobbes Dogs said...

That is definately the coolest mailbox ever.

Lisa and pups said...

Oh my goodness - that is so funny with the bells and the toy in his mouth. I'm glad you got it out okay though. But, how in the world!! Silly fella. Sounds like you guys had a big day! I bet Sherman was tired after all that adventure!

Good luck on the evals!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

My Sherman what a big mouth you have!

Sarah and Romeo said...

how did he get that toy in his mouth lie that! silly silly.
The R2D2 mailbox is pretty cool, I believe that's your Facebook profile pic, is it not?
The puppy is so cute! Makes me miss the puppy days of Tara, Annie, and Cobra

Emily and the Labradors said...

What a big day! Sounds like fun! The toy stuck in the mouth is something Ellis would do... but I don't think he ever actually did it.

Anna said...

haha, sherman looks like he's thinking "what is that big weird looking mailbox???" haha!!!