PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, September 3, 2007

A long overdue update

I have been in school for a week and a half now and am already so excited to have a day off tomorrow. My classes are alright. My math is going to kill me this semester. My teacher is this little Chinese woman who has such a thick accent that I can't hardly understand a word she says. (Math is a foreign language to me as it is) Needless to say I have been spending a lot of time in the math lab. My English teacher is way to giddy for a seven in the morning class. She is funny though and I like the class, seems like we will be doing a lot of writing too. There are some nice people in the class though, so it is nice to have people to talk to. Accounting is fun too. My teacher used to be a drama teacher, he taught for a few years before deciding he didn't like it, so he went back to school and majored in accounting. (quite the change) But he is a really funny guy and that really makes me enjoy the class. Sherman has been doing great at school. He already knows the routes to each of my classes and got so confused the other day when I went another direction because I had to stop by the bookstore. He is great in my classes and puts himself to sleep until class ends and then is up and ready to go to the next. He also does great with the crowds of people, and he gets around them really well. He doesn't like walking behind someone slow and will try to push past, but we are working on that. He has been handling all the change around here like a champ. He has adjusted to apartment life wonderfully. I still haven't really met my roommates, one stays in her room 24/7 so I haven't even seen her, another hasn't moved in yet and the only one I have met and talked to is moving out next month. Which is too bad because we get along great, I am trying to convince her to stay. He does get really excited when he sees my family, which is okay, I do too. :) I think he misses all the attention from everyone. I haven't been back to my house since I moved so we have been doing a lot of long line work. He really likes the chance to have a good run. One of these days I have to make it over to my parents house so he can run loose in the yard again. But, I am not quite ready for that yet. I don't think he likes being an only dog because I have more time to focus on him he doesn't get away with anything anymore. He gets a bit upset at me too, but that's okay, he is in those terrible twos. :) Everything is going great.

While moving furniture around in my apartment I took the mattress off my bed so that I could move it easier. Well, Sherman was in the way so I told him to move. He looked at the bad frame and then at me. I said "don't even thing about it." Before I had finished the whole sentence Sherman hopped on and made himself comfortable. Gave me the "it's not bad because there is no mattress" look. Of course after the picture I kicked him off. Then he went over to his nook and sulked for about an hour. Who ever said that dogs don't hold a grudge is an idiot!

Tired after his first day of classes. In my car headed home.

Sherman has a new buddy at work. One of my co-workers brought her little Min Pin/Doxie mix. His name is Rodacha (I hope GDB never snags that name. lol) He is about 1 year old and is such a good pup. Sherman didn't seem to care for him much though. Roddy was crawling all over Sherman and trying so hard to get him to play. Sherm just layed there and let him. It was so funny.

"Do you want something Sherm?"
The subtle hint of a hungry Labrador
And of course the bath picture. How can you not love that pathetic face?



6 comments:

Emily and the Labradors said...

Well, I can see why you have been too busy to keep us updated! I'm pretty excited about a day off school too. Of course, I'm spending the day working from home though. It sounds like Sherman is adjusting nicely. I'm crossing my fingers that Angel will adjust as quickly! The hard part for my puppies is being on a tie-down while I move around the classroom. Good luck with your classes... it is really hard when you can't understand your professor!

thepuppyraiser said...

Aww the pictures aren't showing up for me :(

Anyways, good job Sherman on handling school so well!

Brittany said...

Sherman is getting so big! That is great that he is doing well at school, I wish Hobbs was going to get that oportunity but as of right now I am not planning to go back any time soon. Maybe when we move back to Utah....next fall. Hopefully you get to know your roomates and have a blast with them!

Erin said...

YOu Go Sherminator!!!

Lisa and pups said...

Oh my goodness, sounds like you and Sherman have been so busy.

Love all the pictures. The one of him with his head on the bowl had me laughing out loud. It is so funny to see their little personalities!

Emily and the Labradors said...

now that we can see the photos...

Ellis says: Haha Sherman! You had to have a bath too! You look almost as pathetic as me ;)