PitaPata Dog tickers

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Growing again!

At last Sherman has gained some weight. He has been exactly 41.3 pounds every time I have weighed him since he was 5 months old. I took him to get weighed yesterday and he is now 46.7 pounds. He has officially passed Adelines pre-heat weight. YAY!!! I really think those hormones are getting to him too. :( He is definetly testing me. But, he is still sweet and a cuddle bug when he wants to be so that makes up for all the hormones. ;) Nothing much has happened lately. Life is pretty boring, he is still doing great at school and work. He is not liking the heat, neither am I, we can't wait unitl winter when it cools down a bit. I am sure he will love the snow. Winter is my favorite season, I love it. I am getting a little worried about his neuter, he is going in the day after tomorrow. I know that boys take it a lot better than the girls do but the last dog that got fixed while they were with me was Prudy and she stayed at the vet overnight (I think most vets do this) and then after she came home her spay site bled for two weeks before I got permission to take her back for an exam and her sutures were infected. It was nasty. :) I am sure Sherm be fine. Wish us luck. :) That's all from here. But I will leave you a picture of my little "teenager". :)

4 comments:

Emily and the Labradors said...

Good luck Sherman! I'm sure it will hurt, but you'll be ok after a day or two. But remember, you are supposed to stay calm and quiet for a FULL 10 days, even though you'll feel fine in a day! That's the worst part. You'll probably be even more lovable afterwards, so that should make it worthwhile ;) Be brave and make your mom proud!

Brittany said...

I think my boy is going to be a bit bigger than yours! Lol Hobbs was 45.5 two weeks ago after living for 3 weeks on rice and eggs! You are lucky he is getting neutered so you only have to deal with hormones for like a week or two more until they get out of his system.

lindsey said...

Sherman will do fine with his neuter! Ontario had his little snip snip last monday. It wasn't exactly routine for ONtario, but we all knew this before the operation. He's finally back to his old self today, but the fact of the matter is...he did fine, so I'm sure Sherman will too!

Katlynn and Ryder said...

hey that would be fine if you linked me!! Well TTYL

Katlynn & DeSoto