PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Elementary Camp

Elementary Camp has been my favorite session of both summers combined. It was great and the kids were wonderful. On Arrival day before the kids got there, Fullerton was a bit fussy so I took him up to Happy Hollow (our big field) for a good romp. He really enjoyed himself and he was so much happier after.

On the way down I stopped at the creepy clown playground and let Fuller play some more.
Fuller on our bench swing.
We have this little golf cart type thing called a Cushman that we drive all over camp, here is Fuller on the Cushman as you can see he really enjoys these little rides. I also love pictures like this that show a touch of his personality.
During the session we had a reptile lady come and show lizards and snakes and turtles to the campers, they really liked it. The animals were fascinating. Here is a horned lizard name Draco.
And an Albino Corn Snake. She had a bunch of different lizards with different textures and snakes, including a Boa.
Here is Fuller working with some of the campers during the Guide Dog rotation. They are practicing recalls.
We also had Christmas in July and had a truck full of snow brought in and scattered it all over campfire. The campers all got gifts left on their beds and we sang Christmas songs at campfire.
I like little Fuller in the back and Big Fuller in the front. :D He is 11 months old now. Scary!! He will be 1 whole year old next month.
We also went out to a dodgers game with all the campers. It was really fun and we got free hot dogs, popcorn, nachos and soda. The campers all seemed to have a great time and everyone was exhausted afterward.
Me and my boy in the bus on the way home. Whew tiring day.
This session was uber fun and the kids were all fantastic. Some of my campers came back and they were really excited to see me and I was happy to see them too. I can't even describe how wonderful this session was. :D

Well, I have done five posts today so look for the rest, I just have one more till I am caught up but that one will take a bit since there are so many pictures and I have already been doing this since 10am so. . . enjoy! :D

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow what a big day and a great exposure for him!!!!

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier said...

Yay! You're back! =D It sounds like you had an absolute blast. And what an experience for Fuller! I would love to take a pup to camp. =P It sounds absolutely amazing; thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

The Fresno Bee has a GREAT article online today (8-11) about Sherman!