PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hiking and a Play Date

This past week and a half I've been puppy-sitting Sugar. She is such a nice puppy and super sweet. I was bored one day and decided to take both the girls on a nice hike. They did really well together and walking on a loose leash. Picassa pulled a little because she likes to be in front but after the first half she was doing much better.


[Picassa and Sugar walking side by side] We went up to my favorite waterfall and it was hot (around 110 degrees) I didn't intend to go up to the falls because it was hot but I realized that Picassa hasn't been up there yet so we went all the way up. Here are the pictures from that.

[Picassa smiling with the waterfall behind her.] I didn't plan well and totally forgot to bring water so I let Sugar and Picassa drink the falls water for a second, they were both dying.

[Picassa lapping up water from the falls.] [A view of Picassa from above and you can see all the way down the second half of the waterfall.] [Picassa with green mountains behind her.] [Picassa and Sugar laying down on a flat rock with the water fall behind them.] [Sugars head with the water behind her.]

[Picassa up on a rock close to the falling water.]
Yesterday Picassa, Sugar and Kyle had a play date. I went and picked up Kyle and let him run around with the girls for quite a while. I was amazed with how well they all played together. Here are some pictures from that.
[Picassa in the lead looking back with Kyle and Sugar colliding behind her. I love that Sugars tail is wrapped around Kyles back.]
[Picassa and Kyle ram into each other while Sugar bounces to the side of them.]
[Picassa with her arm wrapped around Kyles head. Her tactic is bouncing, it's really funny to watch her run around.]
[Three way collision, each dog ran from a different direction until they all met in the middle.]
[The younger dogs (Kyle and Sugar) racing toward the older dog (Picassa) who looks a little terrified]
[SNEAK ATTACK! Picassa took a rest in the grass when Kyle came up slowly behind her and grabbed her by the ear.]
[It didn't take long for him to flip her over. It was pretty funny to watch him.]
[Running around again. Picassa in the front with Kyle next and Sugar bringing up the rear.]
[Sugar leading with Picassa next and Kyle last.]
AND, I've been working on an outfit for Kyle to wear at Fun Day. I finished it yesterday and I think it's pretty darn cute. So here are a couple pictures of that.
[Side view of Kyle in a "saddle" that I made. It's a fake leather jacket (like the old GDB style ones) with stirrups hanging down with western print sewn on them. A Woody (from Toy Story) doll is sitting in the saddle and on the back edge of the saddle is says KYLE.) I'm pretty ridiculously proud of it, I am so not crafty!
[A top view of the saddle. Where Woody sits is a horseshoe shape sewn on and you can see Kyles name better.] So if your at Fun Day in California keep an eye out for me and Kyle. (Who probably won't wear it the whole time cuz I don't want him getting hot, but he'll wear it for a while.

4 comments:

Raiser Erin said...

That is so cute! We bought teal bandanas for all of our dogs who are going to match ourteal club shirts. I'm still thinking about buying a costume and hat for Rocco, but all the cowboy hats I have seen that are dog size are so expensive.

Amanda said...

I love the picture of Picassa lying next to Sugar at the falls. That is one of the best I've seen of her. :)

Thanks for snapping pictures of the play date. It was fun to see the three pups in action together.

Kyle's costume is incredible. You might not think you are crafty, but it is stinkin adorable. Way to go!

Shelly :) said...

First off I love the picture of Picassa and Sugar at the waterfall. :)

Secondly, I LOVE (did I mention I LOVE?!!?) the costume you came up with for Kyle. I am super impressed with your mad sewing skills. :)

Brittany said...

That is adorable! I hope there is a contest, because that just might win!