PitaPata Dog tickers

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The last week

The last week has been pretty busy, so here are pictures from the week.

[Paris and Picassa on their first walk together. They both did really well]
[Picassa running in my parents backyard. Her tail is curved to the right and her ears are flapping in the air.]
I bought a new car after my old one blew up on the freeway (Not a nice experience!) but the new one is a little hatchback (that is actually cute and more SUV-like) so the girls can ride in the back. It's a bright red car and I love it! Still trying to think of names for him though.

[The girls in the back of the car. I put down blankets now so they are more comfortable and put in tie downs. I love not having them all over my seats.
Rub a dub dub two pups in the tub. Picassa had an eval with our CFR on Thursday so of course she got a bath so she would look as good as possible. Since Paris decided to run through mud puddles in my parents backyard she got one two. It was surprisingly easy to get them both bathed together.
[Paris sitting while Picassa stands in the tub, both of them are all soaped up.]
[Picassa gives Paris a kiss on the face while Paris turns away from her in the tub.]
Can't forget the after bath crazies. I love how Picassa rubs herself all over while Paris lays calmly on her bed. Silly dogs!!

And, why do I love the Furminator? Let me count the ways.
[Picassa lays next to a pile of hair that is almost as tall as her.]

Picassa eval went well. Our CFR did distraction tests with a little toy dog that barked and did back flips. Picassa wasn't very distracted by it so that was nice. After the eval I went inside Cabella's with Amanda and Hannah and their pups to go see all the animals. Here is me and Picassa kneeling in front of a big deer.
[Picassa, Sugar, and Kyle sitting in front of a bear.] None of the pups cared at all about the stuffed animals, what good puppies. :D
Yesterday a friend of mine came up from Utah County to hang out for a while. We ended up taking trax to the mall and had dinner and walked around a bunch. We went over to this fountain that has water shoot out of the ground. Picassa went a little nuts and wanted to run into the fountain but after a few minutes she settled down and watched all the kids run through it. Here's the back of Picassa's head while she watches the kids.
Then we went and found a waterfall fountain and got a picture of Picassa in front of it. I am so glad she is growing into her head and doesn't look quite so weird anymore. :D
I am really proud of the progress that Picassa is making. She is such a sweet dog and I am really enjoying raising her.

5 comments:

Heather and Kelly said...

Awww I just love that picture of Picassa licking Paris! It made me smile :)

The furminator is an invaluable tool when you have high shedding dogs like Labs....it's quite the thing! Very, very useful.

Beth and Alfie said...

Great pictures! I love the one of them in the back of your car. :)

Shelly :) said...

I love the last picture of Picassa by the fountain. I think you should submit that one to GDB. :) The two of them in the tube is priceless!

I think the dogs shed a full cat after their bath!

As far as a name for your car, I thought of Quincy (after Quince Jones) He started Vibe magazine (the name of your car) and produced Thiller by Michael Jackson. Just my little suggestion. :)

Infrequent Flyers said...

I love your new little red car! The two dogs fit so nicely in the back. Cabana has a huge bed in the back of our Rav4. She has always liked the car, but now with the bed, she loves it.

OSU 98 said...

Name for car: Henry

My car is SIGNIFICANTLY CLEANER since both of my dogs now ride in crates in the back of the car. The crates in the car came to fruition after Chelsie's knee surgery...couldn't take the risk of her being loose in the car. I liked it so much that when Ace came along, 2 side by side crates were purchased and both ride back there. Chelsie still hates it, but its all Ace has ever known. And I have a clean car...