PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Evals. . .

Yesterday our CFR came to our meeting to evaluate all the puppies. Our CFR had the two oldest puppies in the group come early so she could check them out. I got there a tad early so I took Fuller into the big game room for some pictures. He didn't seem to mind any of the animals. :DThis picture makes me laugh. He looks so nervous.

Fullerton by Brandy and Butch (I think, I don't really remember their names) These two horses worked as hunting horses for 14 years and were stuffed after they died.
Fullerton and the big bear.The big Elk

After that I went back outside to wait for my CFR. When she got there the other pup, Dax, had not come yet so we stayed outside and chatted for a bit. When he got there, she took us inside and we walked around, she asked questions about the boys and we answered. We went into the big game room, up the elevator, around the tents, to the ledge that looks down to the rest of the store, showed them some stuffed animals to see how distracted they got, then we went down stairs, around the fishing stuff, and then through the aquarium and then outside. She was very impressed by Fullerton and he did amazing!! (Did I expect any less. . . of course not.) She okayed him to fly and to go to camp. YAY!!! She also gave me some advantage to use on Fuller during camp, it kinda felt like a drug deal in the parking lot a little bit. LOL Anyway, we went outside and most of the younger pups were there already so she started talking with all of them. Then we worked on "go to bed" which has been uber frustrating with Fullerton, he just doesn't get it. He has caught onto everything else so quickly that I just don't understand why he can't do it. Anyway, my CFR gave me some new tactics to try with him so I am excited to see if they work. :D After the meeting it was time to say goodbye to Dickens. We will all miss him, he is a super sweet guy, his new raisers will love him. Good luck in Colorado, Chunky Monkey. :D

Today I finally called Delta and added Fuller to my reservation. I bought my ticket about a month ago, hoping that Fullerton would be okay to fly, because if I waited much longer I would of had to pay a bazillion dollars for my ticket. I was sure everything would work out though. Anyway, the guy who answered my call gave me a hard time so after arguing with him for about 10 minutes I asked to speak with a manager. The guy put me on hold for about five minutes and when the manager came on he said, "So, you are adding a service dog in training to your reservation.?" I said, Yes. And he said, "Okay, your dog is added and you are all set to fly out on the 7th." Hmm. . . I was a tad annoyed, but he is on there and hopefully we have no issues at the airport. My CFR also gave me a few pointers about going through security, so I think that part should go fine. :D I also got my ticket for my return flight, this time going on United. I also added Fullerton to that reservation with no problem at all. :D I am getting really excited to fly with him.
The news on the kittens is, we decided not to take them to the shelter because. . . well, you never know. Midnight was adopted by a friend and Pickles might be going to a friend of my sisters. :D I am very happy for them. Midnight has been with her new family since yesterday and Pickles should be leaving in the next couple of days. I really wanted to keep Midnight, she is such a nice cat who loves to cuddle, she is a big sweetheart. (and I don't even like cats that much.)
That is about it from here. :D Happy weekend everyone!
Oh, and I am leaving to go see Sherman a week from today and his graduation is in EIGHT days!!! I am excited to see him again, and meet his handler!!

7 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

I'm so happy to hear about the kittens, sad about Dickens leaving, and proud of Fullerton. Give yourself a big pat on the back, Megan, you've done a great job with him!

Hobbes Dogs said...

I had a similar experience with Delta - it seemed to really depend who you talked to! We ended up having a successful flight though, so hope the same for you and Fullerton.

Carrie and Waffle said...

I love that picture of dickens looking into the camera, kind of a 'huh' pic. too cute, the chubby one's are always the best.

Madison said...

That little pup looks SO much like Butler! Yay Fuller! It's always nice when they get a good report! That's good he can go to camp...sometimes those reservation people are rather unaware of how things work!

Natalie said...

Yay exciting news all around! lol
Congrats Fuller on your excellent eval, and we absolutely can't wait to hear all about your camp and Sherman graduation adventures!!

Pies Placek said...

Hello Raiser, you are great dog. Be always happy with yours

Lisa and pups said...

YAY - what a great eval and so excited to hear about your trip! OOOOOh, yay for SHERM!!!!