PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spanky, Sherman, and Adeline!! (but not in that order) :)

Well, today I got a bit of news on my last three puppies. It was a pretty good day. Each e-mail I read made me smile and beam with pride. First, this morning I got an e-mail from Adeline's mom with this picture and a note saying:

"Last weekend Adeline completed her AKC Rally Novice title (RN) at the Santa Barbara dog shows, earning 2nd place. The week before, Adeline earned the 1st legs in her AKC Novice agility Jumpers and Weaves and also Standard titles with 2nd place in each. This trial took place in Ventura. In July she also passed her Therapy Dogs International test to become a therapy dog, and is awaiting her "badge" in order to start."

I could not be happier. And I love that my girl was adopted by someone who keep me in the loop.
My pretty girl doing what she loves!

My news about Sherman was short and sweet. I got an e-mail from his trainer at D4D and she said this:

"Sherman is doing very well, he loves the game of learning to find the scent. I'm glad you got to see him at fun day"

I am glad he is progressing in his new career and hope that he continues to do well. He is one remarkable doggie and I think about him every day. "I miss you baby boy!"

Spankys news did not come in e-mail form it came in the mail. My heart kind of skipped a beat when I saw the big envelope from GDB in the mail. I took it in the house and just stared at it. It was pretty thick and I wasn't expecting any mail. . . what could it be. I finally opened it and it was his puppy info, his vet reimbursement forms, and monthly reports, and id card, and parent/birthday/puppy project record (guess I should get on filling that out *sniff*) funny that they sent that out after I have had him 3 months, and he is leaving in a month. I was also told that our CFR is coming out on the 24th for puppy evaluations. So good luck Spanks. Our last puppy class was at Bridal Veil falls, one of my favorite hikes is to the top of the waterfall, I used to take Prudy up there all the time so I was a little distracted. Funny the first meeting we had after she passed away was at Bridal Veil Falls and then a little over a year (can't believe it has been a year) later there we are again. I have kind of avoided it since then but I need to go again I love it up there. Anywho, the pups had a great time splashing around in the water and I got some really cute pictures of the pups in our group. Here is the Spankers at the bottom of the falls. :)

And I am sure you all recognize this big guy. Ontario came to stay for a day. It was so nice having a normal (meaning not a guide dog puppy) dog for a day. I loved playing fetch with him, he was so loving it to, he did not want to stop. It was fun to have him join us for a day.

Well, that's about it. Have a good night everyone. And hug those pups for me.

8 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

That's great that you got so much news! That first picture of Adeline looks like it could be a postcard. She is so pretty. :)

Jake and Joanna said...

Adeline is SOO cute!!!! And so is Spanky. :)

Madison said...

Wow! Thats a lot of information in one post! Spanky sounds like hes doing well and so does Sherman and Adeline! She looks like she has fun and thats a GREAT picture! Hope Spanky's evaluation goes well!

Lisa and pups said...

Oh what awesome news on all three! YAY!!!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Yay! Good news for all. Adeline looks sooo good doing her agility. Such a pretty girl! Good luck to Spanky at his eval, and continued good luck to Sherman!

Emily and the Labradors said...

I can't believe it has been a year since you lost Prudy... I bet she was watching you all hike up there :) Good updates on the other pups too!

Emily said...

Sounds like it was an awesome day! Yay for Adeline, she looks like she is having so much fun! And yay for the S boys too. Good luck on the evaluations for both of them!

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

How cool! Im sure that Adeline will LOVE therapy work. Go Sherman. D4D sounds like such a cool program. And to Spakster...Good luck with your evaluations Im sure you will make your mom proud.