PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

The more I think about it. . . *EDITED*

The more I think about it the more okay I am with Spankys potential cc because:
A. a graduate is saved from getting his awful name for at least another two years. :)
and B. If he doesn't want to be a guide he doesn't have to be and GDB will make the best decision for him.
His future is up to him and I am so proud of the progress he HAS made. Thanks for all your comments and word of encouragement, it really helped to make me feel better. And I know that not every person is destined to be a doctor just like not every dog is meant to me a guide dog. (even if we wish they could) Spanky is a great dog and he would make an awesome, and fun pet. I kind of wish that I could keep him.
Alyssa: No, I would not change his name. As much as I dislike it, it totally suites him. And it has grown on me since it does fit him so well. I can't think of a better name for him. :)

And some good news that I forgot to mention was that at my eval my CFR asked me what breed/color/sex puppy I wanted at the end of October. So, I am one step closer to that glorious puppy breath. I imagine my new puppy would be around 4-5 weeks old right now and as cute as a button. :) (I won't give out details until I get an assignment though . . . sorry ;)

Also, we are getting a change of leadership in our puppy club. Our leader drives down from Salt Lake (usually 45 min to an hour drive depending on traffic) every week for puppy class so she has joined a group up there and we are getting a new leader. It will definitely be an interesting transition but I am sure our new leader will do a great job. She has been raising in our group for about 2 1/2ish years now and is raising her fourth puppy. So that will be fun. Although, I am sure we haven't seen the last of our old leader. We know she likes us too much to stay away for too long. . . I mean we are the greatest group in Utah just so's you know. Just kidding. :)

And also, Saturday (September 27th) was my pretty yellow girl, Glennies 3rd birthday. I really wish I knew how she was doing. I have send a few letters to puppy placement for them to forward to her adoptive family but have never gotten a response. I miss that sweet little girl and her two toned belly it was pink with dark brown spots and I loved it, it made her so unique. Happy Birthday Glennie, I am sure you are doing wonderful wherever you are!

And finally (I think, I meant for this to be short but I just keep thinking of things to say, lol) Today I took my little sister to the doctor and while we were in the waiting room this lady came up to us and asked if she could pet Spanky. I said yes and the Q&A commenced. :) After talking for a good twenty minutes or so with the lady petting Spanky pretty much the whole time she finally said "You are so cute I just want to take you home!" Spanky looked up at the lady and then looked at me and then he got up came and sat between my legs and rested his head on my leg. It made me laugh so hard. My boy knows who loves him the most.

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Its good that you are feeling better about the cc. I am sure Spanky will make someone a great pet!

I can't wait to find out what puppy assignment you get! Yay for new puppies!

That is sad that you don't hear about glennie :( I don't hear much from Calliope, and it is hard...I can't imagine hearing nothing.

Alyssa said...

Megan. This made me laugh. If you do end up keeping him, would you change his name? I had to ask!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Happy birthday Glennie! She was so cute! I hear you on the name thing (although I think Spanky is cute and funny)... I basically hate the name Angel. When I found out she was coming home I immediately started thinking of new names for her. But alas, she was always Angel, and will always be Angel. It is just who she is. She may get some nicknames though ;)

Jake and Joanna said...

Ooooh, you've got me very curious about the new puppy!! I hope you get assigned one soon so you can share it with us. :)

And, I am sorry to hear about Spanky's CC, but I'm glad you're doing better about it. However, it never is easy, but at least you know he'll be happy wherever he ends up!

Emily said...

Glad you are coming to terms with the possible CC of Spanky. And yay for a new puppy! For some reason I thought you were getting another transfer. But yay for puppy breath!!

Carrie and Waffle said...

I can feel your pain, I am the only one in my club not to graduate a dog. At work they are sure I'm doing it on purpose.

So how long does GDB wait to recycle a name? I was weired out to see Tacoma's name back in circulation. Glad to hear about the new pup, give us some hints ;P

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Glennnie! September 27th was my b-day too! I'm glad you're feeling better about the cc. He will make a great pet! I know what that's like not liking a name but it growing on you... YAY for puppy breath! I remember when I got Rusty he had such great puppy breath! lol But now it would kill a horse...

Princess Coral said...

Hi Megan,

The name Spanky reminds me of a cartoon I used to watch as a kid in Japan! It was about this girl & her dog named Spanky:) lol...

Becky Andrews said...

I can never thank you as a puppy raiser, enough for all you do. I think your love and service and devotion is incredible. THANK YOU from a very appreciative guide dog user!