PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Longish Update :)

This has been a very crazy week. I just got back from my trip on Sunday, then on Monday I puppy-sat for Montgomery. He is Seven and a half months and is Sherman's cousin. Their moms Yolie and Yollete are sisters. Montgomery and Sherman got along really well too. On Monday I took Montgomery to UVSC to clear up some school stuff and he did fantastic. After a few hours I went home and switched dogs and then took Sherman on the rest of my errands. Then he left on Tuesday and got passed onto another raiser and then a third from Wednesday to Friday. Then on Tuesday after I dropped of Montgomery I picked up Hartley, a five month old, and had him from Tues to Fri. He is a bit more high strung than Sherm but is a great little guy. He did manage to poop in my car (which is a first for me) I was baffled as he had pottied and pooped before we left the house. (Cleaning poop out of a car is very difficult, but I got it all out) Oh, well! I took both him and Sherman to work with me on Tues, Wed, and Fri and they took turns being on tie-down and in the crate behind my desk. My boss really liked Hartley and kept commenting on how good he was. :) Hartley's raisers picked him up from work on Friday.

Then on Saturday I moved into my apartment. YAY!!! I am on my own again and it feels so nice!!! (those who don't know I lived in an apartment in Cali for nearly 1 1/2 years and moved back to Utah about a year ago and have been living with my parents, which has been majorly annoying since being on my own.) Anyway, apartment hunting was a joke. I started looking about a month or two ago and when I found a few places I liked I went and talked to the office managers. Most of them were really nice until I mentioned the dog and they would say, "We have to check with our lawyers and see what they say and we will give you a call back." Of course when I got that call back, about 10 minutes after leaving the office, they all gave the same frustrating response, "We will not be accepting dogs into the complex at this time." That made me so mad, but GDB doesn't want us to make a fuss if we are refused access somewhere. The very last place I went, when I was at my wits end, was so good about it. And it is the apartment that I wanted to live in from the very beginning. I should have gone there first. When I mentioned Sherman she said, "Oh, ya, that's fine. I will just let the owners know so that they are aware that he is here but it'll be fine." It was such a relief I almost made her repeat herself. :) Now I am here and they have been really accommodating. The only bad part is there is no relieving area near by, so I have been going to the parking lot across the street and having Sherman potty in a patch of grass there. Sherman has taken to the apartment really well. We only have a tiny room and I haven't unpacked all the way yet so we don't have much room. He has a little nook that he loves though. :)

I am also starting school on Thursday. I am not quite ready but I got most the way ready on Monday. I just need to get my school supplies and my books and I am set. I am exited to start school again. Woo Hoo!!!

My last bit of news is that I got a promotion at work. I am now the Assistant Store Manager. I am so exited because I get a pay raise, benefits, and paid sick and vacation days. It's awesome and I love my job and Sherman loves the job. I will probably only have it for two more years because my plan is to move back to Cali after I graduate from school. I miss California and after my trip I miss it even more. I want to go back so bad. But I have to finish school first, my plans usually go to crap so we will see what happens. :)

Here is Sherman with his cousin Montgomery.

This is Hartley, the happy boy. :)

Sherman's nook in my apartment.

Sherman behind all my crap. Hopefully I get it cleared up soon so he will have more space to move around. :)
So, that is what is going on with me right now.

8 comments:

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

Congrats on the appartment! Sounds like a lot of fun this week with all the boys!

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a very busy week!! Congrats on the apartment, and have fun at school :P

Brittany said...

Congrats on moving out again! That is great that you get to bring your puppies to work with you. I have just started to do that with Hobbs and it makes life so much less stressful.

Emily and the Labradors said...

That's so nice to have your own apartment again! I always thought on some level it was fun moving in and getting settled, and of course Sherman can help! Congrats on the job promotion too! That's pretty cool that you have a job you love that loves the puppies too (and even put up with 2 of them at the same time). Oh, and for the relieving area, what about just relieving him in the parking lot? Even though I have some lawn areas around my place, I relieve my pups mostly on the pavement in the parking lot or in some gravel by the parking. Your neighbors will look at you like you are a little strange, but you get used to it ;) It is sooo handy to have them really good at relieving on pavement! Made traveling through airports a million times easier :)

Megan and Orleans said...

Thanks for the advice. I took him in the parking lot today and he did great. My only worry is leaving pee stains. Do you think anyone cares or should I take a water bottle out there and water it down to get rid of that? At my house he always pottied in the gravel. and at school we go on pavement so he will get used to that too. :)

Emily and the Labradors said...

I guess I figure it rains once in a while to wash the pavement, so don't worry too much about the pee stains. Maybe I should! If there is a sprinkler system there, you could look for a spot where the sprinkler tends to get the pavement wet... I use that trick too. Or, when I was staying in a hotel with Ellis for a week I used part of the parking lot on the far side where people weren't really parking. My home lot doesn't have a spot like that though. You could also try literally "curbing" him if the street you are on has parallel parking (and an open spot). The key here is having part of the road where he won't get hit! I sometimes do this just for practice, but Ellis doesn't totally get it. I let him get in the habit of circling around me... guess I need to fix that asap!

Megan and Orleans said...

Thanks, you have been very helpfull. :)

Erin said...

YAY!! and emily suggested what I was about too so! Anyways Good Luck!!!