PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Fun Day #1 (Lots of pics)

Fun Day was amazing!! It was nice meeting people from e-mailing lists that I am on and finally put some names to faces! After I got registered and opening excercises my CFR caught me to do a relay with another dog. We had to weave around some cones and around a construction baracade and back while balancing hot dogs on a plate and keeping your dog on a loose leash. Sherman did awesome, his competator was a female black lab named Octave and she was adorable, a bit of a distraction for him. (He is starting to like those little ladies) But, he totally concured! I was so proud, he didn't pull once.
Then we took a walk around the kennels, outside the vets office they had a bunch of physical therapy and training stuff for the dogs. They had this teeter totter thing and had then weave between cones and then go across a ladder on the ground. We watched a dog go through it and it froze at the ladder and couldn't figure out how to get past it. So, I decided to give Sherman a try. He was supposed to just stand on the teter totter thing while the vet tech rocked it slowly. She said that Sherman had a good center of balance and that he was a very confident puppy, he was fine being on it while it was rocking. Then we weaved and went across the ladder, which he did no problem.
Then it was time to meet littermates!! There were two of his siblings there, Spartan and Samantha. The three of them could not look more different. Siroccos raiser was also there but left him at home because she flew. She said he is more short and stalky like Samantha and Spartan and Sherman are long, tall, and lean. Sherman and Sirocco are black labs and Samantha is a light yellow while Spartan is a darker almost red. Last year Adeline's litter all looked exactly the same so it was kinda funny. I am exited to keep in touch and see how they all do. From what they were telling me Spartan and Samantha are real spit fires and have thier own agenda. And Sherman and Sirocco are more laid back, and go-with-the-flow types. It was fun to chat for a while.

And, just a cute shot after lunch for kicks and giggles.

Then I went over to try a shot at Juno. I have never done it before so it was a lot of fun. The instructor held the harness while I walked behind and would stop at obsticles that I had to find by probing with my feet and hands. It was really neat to do that and see how it feels to work with a dog. They also had little tables where you would be blindfolded and you smelled things and tried to guess what they were, spell words with those magnetic letters, etc. It was really fun!!
Of course there were vendors and presentations that were really interesting too. I can't wait till next Saturday. I hear that the Boring fun day is quieter with less people but I know I will have a great time!
After Fun Day me and my sibs decided to stop in San Fran to walk across the GG Bridge. We parked and just started to walk some trails when we came upon some old gun safes.

This is such a pretty picture, I really like it!
Sherman did great on the GG Bridge with traffic and people and everything. He didn't care at all until we were walking back and a huge bus came barreling down the street way to close to the sidewalk and Sherm kinda freaked but gained himself pretty quickly. It was nice and cool too, it felt so good. And the fog was awesome.
On the way home Sherm was absolutely exhausted. He found the funniest postition and slept the whole way home. Big day for a little guy, but he did great!



10 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun. Love the funny tired pic - he must have been SO tired. Looks like BIG day - glad he did so phenomenally and got to meet some of his sibs.

Emily and the Labradors said...

What fun! Glad Sherman did so good! Great pictures too!

Emily said...

I saw you and Sherman, you sat in front of me in the opening ceremony, and were behind me in the gift shop. I saw you walking around a couple other times too :)

Angie said...

Wow, you wouldn't pick those three for sibs! I love the tired picture!

Megan and Orleans said...

Emily,
I was totally oblivious then because I kept looking for you and never saw you. You shoulda poked me and said hi. :) Oh well, next year. lol

MK said...

Sounds like Sherman is a great pup! It's funny how some pups look nothing like their siblings. Edgar looks nothing like his brothers but his sister is so identical it's funny. The picture of you two in front of the Golden Gate bridge is gorgeous! You should frame it. ;-)

Brittany said...

I love your pictures! I totally missed the obstical course, but good job to Sherman! Hobbs slept the EXACT same way in the car all the way to our Hotel! Lol!

Emily said...

Yeah, I should have. But I didn't. Suede and Spike pretty much slept like that too...

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Glad that you had fun at Fun Day!!

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

O what fun!! The pictures are wonderful. Its great to see how similar or different siblings are! Mork looks pretty much identical to 2 brothers (one black the other yellow) and completely the opposite of all the rest. Glacier looks nothing like the sister being raised in my region but I confused her for her sister BrookLynn in some pictures. LOL. Have fun at the other fun day!