PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, February 12, 2007

Howdy

Well, I just made this blog so I thought that I would start my first post. My name is Megan and I am raising my fourth puppy for Guide Dogs for the Blind. Her name is Adeline and she is a 15 1/2 months old, female yellow lab. She was born October 25, 2005. Her mom is Vonnie and her dad is Kinsey they are both yellow labs like her. Her siblings names are Albright, Alya, Amigo, Anna, Argyle, Artemis, Avani, and Avery. They are all part of an international litter so there is a possibility that one of them may be a breeder for a guide dog school in another country. That is pretty exiting. She is leaving for "puppy college" on March 30th on the puppy truck bound for San Rafael, California. I am supposed to pick up a new puppy the same day. Adeline was started by a women named Dika in Santa Barbara. She had Adeline as a starter puppy so she was transfered to me when she was 5 months old. I lived in Santa Clara then. In an apartment with my two roomates. It was really quiet and we loved it. When she was 10 months old we moved to Utah, were I am originally from and raising my first two puppies. Now we live with my family, my mom and dad, brother and three sisters. It is a lot busier now with people coming and going all the time but it makes life more interesting.
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy!!
Megan & Adeline

2 comments:

Coreena said...

HEY! Avery was raised in our club! He was neutered, so he won't be going away, but he was such a love! You can go to our club website to get the picture of him off there if you want! http://umpquavalleyguidingeyes.com

Infrequent Flyers said...

Hi Megan! I just did a google image search on "guide dog puppy cabana", just to see what would come up. Of course, some photos of Cabana came up--but also an old photo of Adeline. It led me to these old posts of yours, way before my time as a puppy raiser.

It was fun seeing and reading these old posts--and how funny I just did a post about pink noses, too! I guess all the "new" things to me are old hat to you, after all these years.

Did you know that Rose was raised by people in my puppy group? She is now a breeder but hasn't had her first litter yet. They love her to pieces and are now raising Persia.

Mimi