PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, November 20, 2009

Nine Things at Nine Months

Today is Paris' 9 month day! This morning, I made the mistake of getting her really excited while wishing her a happy 9 month day that she lunged at my face and her very hard skull made contact with my not so hard nose and resulted in a fairly intense nose bleed. It took a good, solid hour to get it to stop. Woops, totally my fault. Happy 9 month day to my awesome little girl.

Here are 9 things she does well (in no particular order):

9. She can sleep anywhere, in any position, no matter how uncomfortable.

[Paris laying on the floor with her head flat on the floor and angled to the right her front legs going to the left and then her back legs sticking straight forward and under the rest of her body. (Hope that made sense.]
[Another of Paris sleeping, she insisted on sitting on the seat so I put my overly large back pack on the seat to discourage her. She is sleeping in a sitting position with her head on my bag, squished into the corner of the car.]
8. We have finally found a relieving schedule that we both agree on. No more daily arguments about when she thinks she should go and when I think she should go.

[Okay, no I am not going to put up a picture of her squatting, lol. This is Paris pacing and sniffing the grass before going potty. :D You can really see her zig-zag design in this picture too]
7. She is doing SO much better at walking on a loose leash. I keep having to tell her that we aren't in a race and there is no rush to get anywhere. She is finally getting it.

[Paris walking beside me in her puppy coat, with a nice looking J in the leash]
6. She is doing fantastic at food avoidance and not picking up everything in sight.

[Paris laying on the floor with a piece of cheese between her legs, she is looking off to the side and not at the cheese. Good girl, Paris!]
5. I love that she sits on her tail so it is always tucked underneath her. Nobody steps on her tail. All my other pups get stepped on quite often, its sad. She is smart and knows how to protect that sensitive tail. :D

[Paris sitting on her tail so it is sticking out between her front feet.]
4. Paris is absolutely fearless. We haven't run into anything that this dog is afraid of, she tackles everything like a pro.

[Paris sitting by the railing of the second story at school.]
3. Paris is doing great around distractions and ignores them for the most part.

[Paris laying on her side with my nephew sitting on top of her. She just looks utterly bored.]
2. She is really quick with her commands she doesn't have to think about it at all she just does them.

[Video of Paris doing her commands. At the beginning she is laying down and when I say "Paris, let's go" she pops up and we start walking, the I give her the "sit" command and she sits and then I tell her to "down" and she does and then she flashes her beautiful brown eyes at the camera before the clip ends.]



1. She is earning more and more freedom. She is loose in my room all the time and I have left her in there for up to 20 minutes by herself and my room is still intact. She has also been sleeping loose in my room for the last few weeks and she is loose around the house for a small stint every day. (No picture for this one sorry)

I am really proud of the progress she has made in the nearly two months she has been here. I can't believe she has been here that long it feels like I just barely got her. She is an amazingly smart dog and she has so much potential. Can't wait to see what the next five-six moths has to offer. Bring it on!

7 comments:

Heather and Kelly said...

I would love to have a puppy that tucks in her tail! It takes up so much room in a store when it sticks straight out....
I didn't know Paris was about my Ellie's age! They're just 6 days apart :)

Ro said...

I have decided I want Paris. So, we'll have to tell GDB right now to save her for me, and I'll just go to school whenever she's done ;)

Lisa and pups said...

HAPPY 9 MONTHS PARIS!!!! What a great list - love the photos and my does that first one look uncomfy!

Emily and the Labradors said...

She is adorable! Your descriptions of her remind me so much of my two "Eric" puppies! She looks a lot like Gelly too. Dare I say I miss having an Eric pup in the house? They really are so much fun! Oh wait, I do have one in my house, so I guess I am not missing it ;) The quickness with commands really reminds me of Douglas too. Gelly has a little more of that "you gonna make me?" in her so isn't as quick. I can't believe you have had her for 2 months already either. I haven't seen her siblings recently, but I gather they are doing great too!

Sarah and the Pack. said...

This is a little late...But Happy 9 months Paris!!!

I am so happy to watch her grow. I can't believe it has been over 7 months since I got her from the puppy truck!!! Glad to see she is doing so well and growning up so nicely. Keep the updates coming!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Guess I'd been out of blogging for a while. I know this is a little late, but, nice to meet you, Paris! And happy 9 month birthday! (I love the tail tuck, how cute!)
Anna Marie and Rusty

Mandy and Supreme said...

that "down" is a little different from the last videoed version. looks like someone is growing up!