PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Not a very good hostess

Me and Paris have enjoyed having some weekend visitors, although Paris is not being a very good hostess. She doesn't like to share her things, especially not her pretty puffy princess bed as you can see in the picture below.
[Paris lounging on the double layered dog bed with Hobbs (a black lab) and Patriot (a HUGE yellow lab) laying on the floor next to her.]
Hobbs and Patriot are both career changed dogs from GDB who were raised by Brittany. It has been great to have them both here. Especially Patriot as he is the brother of the first puppy I raised, Prudy. Although he is making me miss her so much. They act very similar to each other. All three puppies have been getting along just peachy, Hobbs and Paris really like each other. They have had so much fun romping together in the yard. Patriot just kinda does his own old man stuff while the youngsters play.

[The three dogs waiting for dinner. Hobbs and Patriot both stare intently at their food while they wait and Paris looks at me. She is so funny, because she tries not to look at the food while she waits for the okay to eat.]
[The three puppies eating. Hobbs, Patriot and Paris]
Today Paris got to meet my nephew Cannon. Actually she has met him before but I didn't get pictures because she would treat him like a puppy and try to nip at him and get way excited so we have been working on her being calmer with him. I think today we had a breakthrough because she was phenomenal with him crawling all over her. Here are some pictures of the two of them. Cannon can never get enough of my puppies. Oh, and today he finally stopped calling her Fudder (He can't pronounce his L's yet) and he now calls her Paewis. (he really cracks me up cause he says everything so funny)

[Paris laying down on her side with cannon sitting on top of her. She doesn't seem to mind too much.]

[Cannon is now laying across her trying to get her to lick his hand.]
[Cannon laying on his back next to Paris watching her play with her bone.]
[And just because she is so cute here is my niece Hazel sitting on my sisters lap. Hazel has a huge smile on her face and big rosy cheeks. I love her chubby little arms and legs too.]
And Paris had a great first Halloween. We went to two Halloween parties and then the movie theater to see Paranormal Activity. By the second party she was pretty sacked out. She didn't mind any of the strange creatures running around and slept through the whole movie. (which really didn't scare me that much. . .) Everyone loved her and doted on how cute she was. Who am I to disagree? She had a great night!

5 comments:

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Awe...she is so cute! Glad to see she is calming down for you. I love that intent stare, like she is willing you to give her food sooner! I saw Paranormal Activity last night too, but it freaked me out! Lol, probably because of all the screaming people in the theater. Glad you had a good Halloween.

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier said...

Wow... 2 parties and a movie! Paris had her work cut out for her! Sounds like she did a reat job!!! =)

Infrequent Flyers said...

How fun that you puppysat for Hobbs and Patriot! Well, Paris may not have been a great hostess to the canine guests--but she seemed to have been a fabulous hostess for Cannon!!

Ro said...

Sounds like a great time! I love the picture descriptions! I just love imagining pup and toddler crawling all over each other hehe!

Lisa and pups said...

oh wow - full house! Love the pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time!