PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fullerton Withdrawls. . .

The last few weeks I have really been missing Fullerton. I forget what it is like to have a dog in formal training, and not just that but in limbo. He has been gone for nearly 6 weeks and he hasn't shown up on the phase report yet. He was dropped from breeding after a week and a half so that is at least 4 1/2 weeks of nothing. Each week the phase report comes and I hold my breath as it downloads and then there is no Fuller. It is very disappointing, especially since there are other dogs that went in for breeder evals with him and are now on the phase report. Then I just tell myself, maybe next week. I really hope he isn't just sitting waiting for a string, I hope he is doing some sort of training, I hope he didn't get sick, or is not having a tough time recovering from his neuter surgery. GRRR!! I just hate not knowing, I hate not having control over anything dealing with my special boy anymore. I really want news, it is amazing how relieving a number next to your dogs name is. So, maybe this week. . . . Okay rant over. Thanks for letting me vent. :D


Here are some pictures of Fuller, most of them are pictures that my sister took of us together just before he left.


[Fuller laying on his round dog bed the day I got him. He only takes up a tiny little corner of the bed. He is a tiny Roley Poley 8 week old puppy]



[Fuller a year later on his round dog bed. He takes up quite a lot of the bed now and has grown up a lot since he was 8 weeks old. He is 13 months in this picture]


[The rest are from my photo shoot with my sister. This first one is a close up of Paris' face]


[We went out to a hay field for our pictures. Here is Fuller with hay behind him, you can also see a few pine trees and the mountains in the distance.]

[A close up of Fuller. Fullerton is almost a red color, he is quite small for a male lab and drop dead gorgeous!]

[Me standing on a board in the hay with Paris and Fuller sitting on my left. They are like night and day color wise. Paris looks so light next to Fullerton, her dark ears almost match him though.]


[This one made me giggle. I look all happy and hunky dory and Paris is sticking her tongue out and has her eyes closed and Fullerton is looking off to the right.]

[Me standing again with Paris laying down on my right and Fullerton sitting on my left.

[This on is cute, it's like the one above but I am looking down at Fuller and he is looking up at me.]

[Me leaning against a wood post on a fence with Fullerton and Paris sitting in front of me.]

[Me kneeling next to Fullerton. I am laughing because Fullerton is letting out a huge yawn.]


[Same as above this time I am laughing because Fuller is making a really funny face. He looks like he is woofing.]

[I think this is my favorite one. I didn't know my sister was still clicking pictures of us. I am kneeling down and Fuller is sitting. I have my arms around him in a bit hug and both of us are looking to the left with serious looks on our faces.]

[I am kneeling with Fuller next to me. He is leaning up and licking my face. I miss my boy!]

[Fuller sitting in the field looking above the camera, he is such a handsome boy. I love his droopy lips.]


So I guess thats it. I really hope Fullerton is on this weeks phase report. I am about to have a mental/nervous breakdown! There will be a post about Paris and this last weekend soon so keep an eye out. :D

14 comments:

Heather and Kelly said...

I love those pictures of you and the dogs in that field! Your sister is a great photographer :) Fuller is very handsome.

Ro said...

I am looking for him every week too. Why aren't they calling you? Can you call them? Be like, dude, where's my pup? How can they let you sit in limbo?
Excellent descriptions btw, I can really picture them!!

Natalie said...

Aww.. Don't worry, he'll be on the report soon :)

Natalie said...

Aah that must be so frustrating :( Fingers crossed he appears this week!!

Love all the weeks, especially the wooden post one!

Infrequent Flyers said...

I love the photo you said was your favorite! Such love--it shows in both of your faces.

I'm sorry that you haven't gotten any news of Fullerton. I'd be going crazy, too. Is he at the San Rafael or Boring campus? If San Rafael, I'd be willing to go on a spy mission for you!

Katlynn and Ryder said...

I know exactly what you are talking about Focus dropped out of breeding as well and he sat there in the boarding kennels for a month until the september string came in. He still got to do community run, grooming, and walking around campus, but he was not being trained. He was basically a boarding dog for a month. I was hard for me to see him not on the phase reports but one day he appeared and then before I knew it he was in 10!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Those photos are FANTASTIC! Many of them are "suitable for framing" as I like to say :) Fingers crossed that Fullerton will be on the report next week... that is super frustrating! I am glad at least that they let you know that he had been neutered... that is at least a small step up from last summer when they told us zilch about our pup :(

Maddie, Betsy, Jorinda, and Petuina said...

I'm sorry that you are missing Fullerton! I went through the same thing with Gabrina. She didn't show up on the phase report for 3 months because of her breeder evaluation. But she showed up two weeks after being dropped from breeder! I'm sure Fuller has been enjoying college and everything is fine!

Lisa and pups said...

oh, I forgot to add - I love the pics! Your sis did a great job!

Lisa and pups said...

awww. yeah, not knowing is tough - especially that limbo period. I bet he's doing amazing and will fly through the phases! :D

Sarah and the Pack. said...

What wonderful pictures! I love the one of you and Fuller looking off into the distance. I am also feeling the pain of not really knowing what Millie is doing. Three of her littermates are now on the phase report and still no word on her. I wish they could just tell me she is waiting for a string, or recovering from her spay, or even that she went into season and had to wait. But no word is so hard to do...

Hopefully this week! I will keep my fingers crossed.

Megan and Orleans said...

Hey Ro, I am okay-ish not getting a phone call. No news is good news in this case as a phone call would most likely mean he was career changed. :D

Mimi- Fuller is in Oregon. I wish he was in CA so you could spy for me. Thanks for the offer.

Anonymous said...

We miss you too, Fullerton! ;) Amazing pictures! I especially like the yawn and the funny face.
Anna Marie and Rusty

Martha G said...

I tried spying, but I couldn't get past the boards in the kitchen area. I was told that there are just so many dogs up there and the dogs that were in the breeding kennel are waiting for strings. They do a lot of things with the dogs when they're in the kennels waiting. They get to play with toys our dogs don't get to play with and they get to play with other dogs. Some dogs get to go into offices on campus and do special things if they get stressed being in kennels. When Ardella was in the kennel she had a few techs that knew her and that came to see her when we visited the kitchen area recently. I think they get attached to the dogs whether they're in training or not.