PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Phase 3!

Fullerton is now in phase 3!! He is one of two dogs in formal training right now in phase 3. . . I am starting to get nervous. The rest of his string is now in phase 4 and 5. . . But, I am so proud of him and happy he is advancing! Keep it up. Here is what Fuller is up to on campus now:

Phase #3

  • Guidework training in quiet residential areas
  • Frequent rides in the training vans
  • Introduction to more advanced guidework commands and responses ("Right," "Left," and "Over Here,") continued training on commands from phase #2
  • Introduction to curbs and street crossings
  • Progressive obstacle course training on campus
  • Mall exposure walks
  • Dog social sessions

And, I was wrong about Forte in my last post, he is going through final breeder evals, he isn't official yet. Still keeping fingers crossed for him. He is going into foster care for the holidays for about a month and then will do his final tests!

I know it's been two weeks since I last updated but it's been super busy at work and I haven't had any time to spend on my blog, but I promise after Christmas things will slow down a little and I will have a big fat update on the Paris. :D Have a good Christmas everyone!!

5 comments:

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Congrats Fullerton!!
Our paws are crossed for you:)

Toby

Maddie, Betsy, Jorinda, and Petuina said...

YAY Fullerton! I'm sure he is doing awesome!
I'm going through the same nervousness though...Gabrina is in phase 8 for the 4th or 5th week. It's makes me nervous, but then I remember her brother Gardner went straight from 8 to being in class.
Merry Christmas!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Yay! Fullerton!! Don't worry too much Megan! There are always tons of reasons that dogs may be behind the class they originally came in with, and it may not be anything to do with Fullerton himself. :)

Emily and the Labradors said...

Good job Fullerton!

Brittany said...

Yay Fuller! Just keep plugging along, and you will be a great guide dog (or whatever). Our fingers are crossed for you!