PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Evaluations!!

We had our evaluations tonight and all the pups did great. We met with our group the Summit group and the Salt Lake group so there were quite a few puppies there. It was fun talking to the other raisers and meeting the pups too.

At the beginning Barb had a few dogs practice the "go to bed" command. Since Fuller has so much trouble with it of course she had us do it. I have worked on the "go to bed" command religiously with Fullerton and he just doesn't get it and it is so frustrating because he catches onto everything else so quickly so I don't understand why he can't do it. I wasn't able to work on it as much as I would have liked while at camp but since I have been home we have been back at it. Anyway, me and Fuller did it in front of the group (which is embarrassing when your dog doesn't know it) and he did. . . okay. He has never sat or downed on the mat he is still at the sniff it or touch it with a foot and he gets a kibble and EVERY time I say "nice" he gets off the mat so I have to lure him back on it to get the treat. I think that is the most frustrating part that he doesn't stay on the mat to get the kibble. Anyway, sorry about the rant, but both me and my leader have tried many different tactics and none of them seem to be helping. . . *sigh*

Here are some pictures from the eval.

This is Peanut, he has gotten a lot bigger since I last saw him but he is still so tiny and cute. His raiser wants to puppy trade with me sometime so I will have to do that in the next few weeks, anything later than that is too close to recall day and it will be hard to hand him off. :D (you can also see little Spike in the background, he is so cute!)
Forte came but his raiser was not able to be there. I had to get some pictures of the boys. Me and Forte (on the left) and Fullerton (on the right) I think they remembered each other. :D
Forte and Fullerton (12 1/2 months.) They are a lot closer in size since the last time we had them together. Forte is still a little bigger and they look A LOT alike.

Fullerton and Forte (6 months)
Spike and Journey
Fullerton inside Cabelas.
It was a good evaluation, I am very proud of my boy he is coming along really well. Good boy Fuller!

2 comments:

Erin said...

YaY Fuller!!

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier said...

Evals! Gotta love 'em. Sounds like Fuller is doing really well, and I am sure he will progress quickly on the "go to bed" command as soon as he undertands the first step! =D