PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, September 24, 2009

And then there were two. . .

Well, today I picked up puppy #8. She is a very sweet little labby girl out of Eric and Blossom who is seven months old, named Paris. . .SURPRISE!! Betcha didn't see that one coming. I am very pleased to be the very lucky raiser who gets to have Paris as a transfer dog. The day after I turned in my application I called my leader and asked if it was possible if I could get a transfer puppy because it would be easier with school and such. I also told her that if one became available before Fuller left I would be happy to overlap until he did. My leader called me the day after our evals and told me there were two transfer pups available and gave me the run down on both. I told her to give me the one she thought would fit best with me, so she told me I was getting Paris. :D I am so happy to have her here, I have been longing for another girl. I miss them so much and she is just as sweet as they come.

Here are my two beautiful pups. They seem to be getting along pretty well so far. It will be interesting having two pups for a while, but I have been planning it all out for the last week. :D I will probably give Paris the weekend to get settled in before doing any big outings with her, and if I feel overwhelmed there is a long list of people (at least 9 so far) willing to puppy sit Fuller for a few days for me. :D

Here is Paris in the car on the way home. She is a wonderful passenger.
After we got home I took a few pictures of her outside on the grass. She is an excellent model, much more willing to pose and look at the camera than Fullerton.
This is when she decided she was done, but it was so cute.

The pups first meal together, they both waited wonderfully. Paris was cracking me up though because when I had her down she threw herself to the ground. She did it two or three times and I was just laughing and laughing. I hope I can catch it on camera one of these days. :D
Paris LOVES her food, but what self respecting lab doesn't?
Last Paris picture for now. Paris on the dog bed. Doesn't she have the sweetest face?!?!?
I am really excited to see more of her personality come out. So far she has been a very fun puppy and is just about the happiest dog I have ever met. Thanks again Sarah, she is an awesome dog and I really love her already.

My last order of business before the end of this post is a picture of my puppy club from our meeting last night.

The dog from left to right are: Moseley, Fullerton, Spike, Meade and Journey. Not Pictured: Peanut and Mara. . . and Paris but this was pre-Paris. She will be in the next one. :D Aren't we such a cute club? I may or may not be a little biased though.

10 comments:

Sarah and the Pack. said...

OH YAY! I glad she is settling in so well! I have always loved her "down," once she got it she couldn't hit the deck fast enough! It looks like the two of them are getting along great. I hope things go smoothly from here on out, and if you need a break I would always be happy to have her for a couple of days.

Give her a hug for me, and have fun with her!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Nice surprise! I clearly still haven't mastered the art of suspense with my blog like you all have! And how exciting for us to get to continue following along in Paris' adventures! She really is an adorable dog, but I may be a bit biased because I loved Blossom so much!

I am sure you will have your hands full but have tons of fun with the two of them!

Carrie and Waffle said...

OMG that 1st picture is priceless! They both look so wary of each other. like ohhh cooties

Lisa and pups said...

YAY - Welcome Paris! How fun to have two pups at the same time. And one, you've watched grow up too!

Mitch and Julimae said...

I look so serious in that photo :P Paris is a little cutie though! :)

Infrequent Flyers said...

That's so fun that you got Paris from Sarah. Welcome to Paris! I'm glad she is settling in so nicely. Enjoy your time with the two of them!

Martha G said...

That was a surprise! Congratulations! She's beautiful and I love her name!

Lauren, Spike and Clyde said...

She's such a cutie! I can't wait to see her.
She has quite large ears, doesn't she? :]

Sarah and Romeo said...

Welcome Paris!! I will keep you in my thoughts as 2 PITS can be fun yet overwhelming! :) Good Luck! She is so cute and Fullerton looks like he is thrilled!

Mary Ann said...

I love the 2 bowls of food with the puppies waiting so nicely. Impressive. When I was taking care of Elbert (he was here on vacation) and he and Pilot waited for their food, you could have drowned in the drool. Wish I could have gotten a picture of it.