PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Update of sorts. . .

I have always wondered what I would do in the event of a dog trying to attack my puppy in training. In the GDB manual it says not to get between the dogs and to drop the leash. I always told myself that i could never just let a dog get to my dog. Unfortunatly, I had the chance to see what my reaction would be. Don't worry nothing bad happened. I was leaving my friends house a couple nights ago and was almost to my car when i heard a dog barking. Not just a "hey, whats up" bark it was a mean . . . "police dog" bark. If that makes sense, like when a police dog is all revved up and ready to go find that mean person. Anyway, I look up and see a big, fluffy black dog charging at us from across the street. (Looked like an Aussie mix of some sort) I fumbled for my keys and managed to get my car unlocked, and picked up Sherman and got him in the car. As soon as I got the car door closed I turned around and the dog jumped on me and knocked me on my butt! I kinda crawled backwards a bit to get away and when I got back up the dog was jumping at my passanger window where Sherman was sitting. I ran around to my side and got in. When I started the car the dog ran away. Sherman seemed unphased, he just stared at the dog with a look of "what is up with you, you wierdo." He hasn't shown any signs of being afraid of other dogs so no harm done. I will definetly keep an eye on him though. But, I doubt he would be afraid since the dog never really got to him.

My parents are out of town and so I have to watch all of my sibs. It is our tradition to do something stupid whenever my parents go out of town. I decided to tone it down a bit from last time. This time we got our insperation from Calvin and Hobbs. :) I have not made a snowman for years! We had a lot of fun, and were not really prepared for the cold, initially we were going out to find the tramp. (it is fun to jump on in the snow) And then decided to make a snowman. So we were really cold and wet. My bro is over six feet tall so that tells you how tall our snowman is. It was fun. We used food dye to make eyes and for his mouth, and it got everywhere.

The little snowman that the big one is eating. :)
As for Sherman he has been really clingy the last few weeks. I have been giving him more freedom around the house and is really good at following me from room to room. Occasionally he will try to leave if he thinks that I am taking too long but if I ask him where he is going he will come back and lay down. He is not as cuddly as he was when he was a baby, which is kinda sad but I still love him to death. Still no news on a recall date for him, I know that I will have him at least until April 13th. Because that is when the next puppy truck is coming through Utah. I think that he will most likely leave then but who knows. . . There are still a lot of older dogs in Utah and Colorado that need a place on the truck. :) I know some of the older dogs from Colorado are flying back to campus sometime in the next couple weeks. You never know. I do know that I am getting a puppy on April 11th. I am really excited. I imagine my new baby will be born sometime in the next couple weeks. I can't wait. What does that mean?? That means that is Sherman does NOT leave on the April truck then I will be overlapping for a bit. So that is exciting too. I have been wanting to overlap for a while. We will see. Just waiting for that recall date. I should know in the next few weeks. :)
Also we have an evaluation with our CFR the end of the month. I am sure that Sherman will give it his all and show how awesome I know he is. I was really nervous for his last evaluation but this one I am not at all. I know that Sherm will do great, I have confidence in him to show off his stuff. :)

8 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

I'm so glad Sherman is showing no signs of fear or anything from that odd attack. Smart and quick thinking on your part to get him in the car before that other dog got there! Glad your safe too!

What a great snowman! That's pretty funny.

Good luck Sherman on your evals. You'll blow them away!

Brittany said...

Wow that is some snowman! Lol, I love that it is eating the little snowman! The dog attack would have scared me so much. I can't believe it knocked you over! Good thing Sherman was ok.

Emily and the Labradors said...

Too many things to try and comment on all at once! That is scary about the dog... glad it didn't turn into a disaster! Very cool snowman too! And a new puppy in April??? Yay!!!! Our CFR did puppy evaluations of my club this week (the first time it was ever done like this, in groups of 3 pups... usually she just comes to a meeting and hangs around watching)... We were saying how the puppy raising seems to go so fast when you overlap puppies... at which point she started kidding that she should be getting me a pup in April! Ummm, not this time. My hands are much fuller this time around! And I promised Maggie no more puppies :( I am anxious for the recall list to come out too! There are a few dogs that I expect to be on it that I am really going to miss!

Megan and Orleans said...

She usually does our evals like that with 2-3 pups at a time. This time she is doing all of the Utah clubs I think. All at once. That will be fun though. :) You should get an older transfer dog to raise after Angel. lol Would Maggie still consider that a "puppy" J/K I think that Barb might be waiting to evaluate the Utah dogs before deciding who is ready to leave in April. Hopefully we have news in the next few weeks. ;)

Emily said...

Nice snowman!! haha. Can't wait to hear more about the new puppy!!

MK said...

Wow, it seems like yesterday when I remember you posting about baby Sherman! I bet he'll do well on his evals. :-)

I can't wait to hear about your new baby once he/she is born and such. If you do overlap, I think it's soooo much easier. But that might be just me!

Glad you two are safe from all random mean dogs and that snowman is amazing and slightly disturbing! Haha.

Natalie said...

haha that is a sweet, sweet snowman! glad to hear that sherman's okay after the crazy dog incident!!! and of course, can't wait to hear more about the new puppy! what are you requesting? (or is that going to be a guessing game blog post? haha)

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Nice snowman! That is quite scary about the dog, I know how you feel, luckily I don't think the dog that charged Spike affected him any either. Exciting that you're getting a new puppy in April! Can't wait to hear more.