PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thank you and a Sherman brag

I wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. They really helped to cheer me up!! I had a much better week this week. :)

Yesterday, I went to see a play that my friend directed. She told me and another friend that we could have first pick of our seats if we came early and helped clean up the theatre and straighten chairs and help with some stuff backstage before the show started. So me, Sherman, and my friend got to the theatre about an hour and a half before the show started. We went into the theatre and started picking up trash. At first it was quite difficult with Sherman at my heals so after a bit I took him to the front front row of seats. (It was a black box theatre so the stage in in the middle with seats on all four sides. So I could see him from anywhere. And the seats where weird so I could not use them as a tie down) I put him in a down stay and started cleaning up and straightening chairs. I don't think I have had him in a stay that long and he did so good I was very proud. He stayed put for about 30 minutes while we did our cleaning. He watched me walk around the theatre never taking his eyes off of me. After that I released him and he got tons of praise. I took him out into one of the dressing rooms and fed him dinner and then we went and relieved. When we came back we had to do some backstage stuff with costumes and props and all of that. Again I stuck him in a down stay this time I even went out of view as I had to go carry arm loads of stuff to the stage. He watched me leave and had his eye on the spot that I left until I came back. So one time I went off one side of the stage and came back on another to see what he would do. He was looking the other direction, I got right up to him and said "good boy" I think I startled him because he flipped around really fast and was so excited to see me. He almost got up but then settled back down until I released him. I am a very proud mamma. He was fantastic through the play too. He sat under my chair nicely, he started fidgeting about 10 minutes before intermission but it was because he drank a lot of water and he needed to go out. He was okay until intermission and then I took him out to relieve and the rest of the show he just slept. I was amazed at how well he did during the show because there were all kinds of crazy, loud noises, there were sirens wailing every once in a while, and dogs barking, a clock chiming, gunshots, all kinds of noises and Sherman was a champ. The only time he got up was the first time everyone applauded he popped up and looked around at everyone and cocked his head from side to side. It was pretty funny. Other than that he slept. He did wonderfully.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you had a better week. Good job Sherman!!

Brittany said...

Yay for Sherman!! That is good that he was so good during the play, those can be hard for some puppies. I am very glad you had a better week! See you at the meeting on Friday!

Jake and Joanna said...

YAY Sherman!!!!! What a great boy!!

Natalie said...

Yay Sherman, good job bud!!!
Glad to hear you had a better week this week Megan :)

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

What a good boy Sherman!! Spike used to tip his head from side to side at applause as well. So cute.

Sarah and the Pack. said...

That is awesome for his down-stay!!! Even with you out of sight!! He is going to be a great guide. When I took Sterling to a performance he popped up for applause too! I wonder if they think we are crazy?

Emily and the Labradors said...

What a good boy! We are all very impressed over here :)