PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, December 28, 2007

Hey, I'm Back!

Hey all,
Me and Sherman had a good Christmas holiday. We spent our vacation puppy sitting for a lady that I met at the GDB Christmas party. She has three dogs a pug/Boston Terrier mix, a Black Lab, and a cocker spaniel mix (?). They were great fun and we had a good time. Sherman did not like the lab at first, I was trying to bring the dogs out of the kennels one at a time to meet because I didn't want to overwhelm anyone. I had Sherm meet the cocker mix first and they hit it off and were buddies, then I brought out the pug mix, a little to hyper for Sherman and it took them a little longer to get along. I brought out the lab last and he is about twice Sherman's size and the first thing he did was pounce Sherman which Sherm didn't appreciate. He kind of avoided the lab while we were there but they were fine together. :) The three boys are very sweet and I am looking forward to puppy sitting for them again. Their owner is a very sweet lady! Oh, the reason I was puppy sitting and met her at the holiday party was because the lab is a career changed GDB dog that she adopted. So pretty cool.



On the 23rd me and my family took Trax up to Temple Square. This was Shermans second time on trax, the first time being 8 months old. He did really well, still popped up at every stop ready to get off. After about four of five times I told him to lay down and I would tell him when it was time to get off. I think he understood because he didn't budge until our stop. :) It was pretty funny because he didn't lay down the first 5-10 minutes of the trip and was cocking his head from side to side trying to figure out why the ground was moving and looking out the windows. My whole fam was laughing at him. :) Silly boy!

This is the Salt Lake Temple. I was hoping the picture would turn out better it is a little blurry but it was so cool how you could see the moon between the spires.
Me and the fam and the lights on Temple Square. They are gorgeous!
This was my last day with the boys. And this is the only time that all three of them were laying down and being still. They are fun dogs. It was fun taking care of several dogs again. I enjoyed walking three dogs at once. The lab was really good on leash so it was easy to walk him and Sherman, the pug liked to tug and run and zig-zag. It was pretty entertaining. And gave me practice for maybe. . . overlapping puppies. (After I heard about Shermans rumored recall I turned in my application for my next puppy and I am really hoping that it works out to overlap this time. Only time will tell but I am crossing my fingers!) I am going to miss those silly boys they were great. (I am not going to miss the drive. It was 40 minutes away from my house and work so I had quite the commute. Oh Well!) I liked it!
I am excited to spend the rest of my break at home relaxing until I go back to school in a few weeks. :) Hope everyone else is having a great break!

4 comments:

lindsey said...

I've been waiting for you to post about your housesitting job! I miss that boy...hehe, he's naughty enough for Dawn that maybe one day he'll be able to come be my dog again :)

Brittany said...

I am so glad you were able to puppysit for that lady! I wanted to but we had a crazy christmas going from home to home so it wouldn't have worked. Merry Christmas!

Emily and the Labradors said...

All the dogs look really sweet! And I'm impressed that Sherman handled them all so well! What a good boy!

And exciting/sad to be thinking of recall and a new pup already. It will probably be quite a while before I raise another puppy, so I am going to be living vicariously through all of you!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Glad to hear that you and Sherman had a great time!! Enjoy the rest of your break!