PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, December 30, 2007

He likes it!!

Sherman makes me laugh. He just has the sweetest personality and has so many weird quirks that make me laugh. Like his obsession with resting his rump on everything, be it a shelf, his bowl, my lap, my backpack, pretty much anything so that his bum doesn't have to go all the way to the floor. :) Anyway, for Christmas he got a Jolly Ball. (I got one for him before he came and it has been destroyed, so it has been a few months since he has had one.) He absolutely adores his Jolly Ball and will even abandon his beloved gough-nut to play with it. So last night around bedtime I opened up the kennel and told him to get in. Usually he goes straight in no ifs, ands, or buts and curls up and goes to sleep. Well, last night I told him to go to bed, he ran the other direction and grabbed his Jolly Ball which was in his toy bin and then ran in his kennel and curled up around it. It was so funny. I felt so bad taking it away and he gave me the most pathetic look. He has never tried to take a toy in the kennel with him before. My silly boy just keeps me smiling. :)

Oh, and he turns one year old in 21 days. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! He had a tiny growth spurt too I weighed him a few days ago and he is now a whopping 54.8 pounds. WOOHOO!

6 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

What a funny boy, Sherman! Holly doesn't care for her Jolly Ball at all. Oh well, maybe my next puppy will like it! I can't believe that Sherman is already reaching the one year mark. And you know what comes after that: the dreaded, looming RECALL! He sounds like a great noy and I'm sure he'll make you proud IFT.

Brittany said...

Oh, that is precious!! What a sweetheart he is. I can't believe he is already a year old! That will be Hobbs in three months!

Lisa and pups said...

Oh my goodness. That is absolutely hilarious!!! I love the goofy ones though. :)

Carrie and Waffle said...

Wow! totally know what you mean. Waffle LOVED her jolly ball, She once hauled it in her mouth for about 1/2 mile to the park. They are sooooooo much fun, I keep waiting for GDB to outlaw them.

Emily and the Labradors said...

I can't believe you can even attempt to have the Jolly Ball accessible! Mine most definitely lives on top of the fridge ;) I wonder when the recall list will come out for the next truck. We have 6 or even 7 pups in our club that could be eligible (2 are already 17 months now!). I don't know about UT, but CO had lots of pups fly out over the winter last year, so I am thinking the spring truck pups may stay a little longer... crossing fingers for your goofy boy!

Megan and Orleans said...

Well, me and Sherm have an understanding that the toys are mine and I "let" him play with them. He usually will ask my permission to take a toy out of the bin. Now he has taken the Jolly Ball out a few times without permission so it is up in my closet now, so he HAS to ask to play with it. :) I am sure the recall list will come out later this month and I am really hoping that the Sherm gets skipped. :) I know that there are TONZ of older dogs that can go first but who knows. I will take as much time with him as I can. :)